Search Unity

For Hand tracking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saravana_Vins, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Saravana_Vins

Saravana_Vins

Hi,

We need the hand tracking sdk for track the human fingers.

Is there any available sdk in unity for human body and hand tracking.

Thanks in advance.

2. neginfinity

neginfinity

As usual with this kind of situation, it is possible to jury rig something using OpenCV. The result definitely is not going to be perfect.

Outside of custom experimental solutions, I believe Ultraleap offers hand tracking libraries but it also requires custom hardware.

lmbarns likes this.
  3. pinnakkkk

pinnakkkk

try Manomotion sdk

4. Voronoi

Voronoi

5. aniwane

aniwane

I'm looking for a solution. I'm aware of 3d tracking with programmes like Vuforia because I want to build an app to demo watches on the wrist. However I don't want to use any trackers on the hand. Is there a way to use marker-less tracking on my wrist to achieve the same experience
    I want how to rotate the wrist watch with hand but at same time we are not getting the hand rotation.
    I want to create App for demo purpose
    I tried like I already put a watch object on Hand wrist point but At the same time I want to rotate the hand and watch same time but the main issue is at runtime I am not getting the rotation of hand. I am using mediapipe hand tracking for the this . Is there any solution please give me thank you.

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

Multiple solutions have been provided in this thread. Have you looked at any of them yet?

7. neginfinity

neginfinity

As mentioned above, in this sort of situation "it is possible to jury-rig something with opencv". Search for OpenCV and OpenPose. I also posted a vide last time...

8. Voronoi

Voronoi

I'm not sure it would be possible to do what you want and actually have it look nice. I've used apps to try on glasses, so I assume that's the kind of fidelity you are after.

Hand tracking focuses on the fingers and by inference you can figure out the wrist. If a person keeps their fingers splayed, it may be possible to figure out the rotation of the wrist. Or, if the upper body is tracked, you might could do decent wrist tracking.

When trying on a watch, I would tend to make a fist, so you lose all finger tracking or at best it's very poor tracking. I also would want to be close to the camera, so no body tracking to help out. I just don't see what the algorithm would recognize in order to properly track a wrist.

9. Voronoi

Voronoi

? An AI chatbot digested my post and rewrote it? I really don't get how a useless post like this benefits a Petroleum Training organization. Weird.