Search Unity

For 5.4 - Fuse, Character Generator, Something Else?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by EwanRGR, Sep 27, 2016.

1. EwanRGR

EwanRGR

OK, I have spent the last week plus trying to get a Mixamo Fuse character into Unity 5.4 and rendering properly. After a couple false starts (due to old docs on both sides), I was able to get it in. But even doing the "Export Textures" and fixing the shading from "Transparent", I still can't get a character that doesn't look pretty low poly against a semi-realistic setting.

Which has me thinking I may need to look at alternatives, But which ones? I tried iClone a couple years ago and wasn't pleased with all the gyrations there either. Autodesk Character Generator looks ok, but it doesn't have quite as much choice, and I am concerned it will turn out to be mainly tuned to Maya LT much as Fuse seems to be getting tuned to Photoshop.

If I am much more of a programmer than an artist, is there anything that will let me create a few characters without having to break the bank, or spend the majority of my time trying to get a nose to look ok (and yes, I've tried Blender).

Thoughts?

2. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

Just try Uma, there is tutorial on youtube to export clothes or hair from Fuse

3. hopeful

hopeful

If you do use UMA, be sure to check out the latest build (UMA53) on Github.

4. BigDaz

BigDaz