Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Foosball3D - version 1.1

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by lima3b, Apr 16, 2009.

1. lima3b

lima3b

The version 1.1 of my Foosball 3D game - the table soccer game for the iPhone and iPod Touch has just hit appStore today. I've tried to streamline the whole application in order to improve the overall performance of the game, since some users complaint about the responses of the touch commands. I've reduced texture sizes, removed lights and changed the code here and there. I've also used the enhancement pack to put some cosmetic touches and minimize the use of XCode. Gosh... its intimidating! I've tried to keep the look of the game but improve the feel. I hope users have a better game experience with this version.

Foosball 3D can be found in the following link:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307445983&mt=8

2. VIC20

VIC20

Could you make the finger slide for rolling faster/more sensitive? I think this would give a better control.

I still miss the typical sound when a player hits the ball and when the players are rolling - would be more fun with that.

Have you thought of implementing an additional auto zoom mode? - something like zones - camera scrolls with the ball to next zone when the ball enters it or whatever. The gameplay isn't like playing on a real table anyway so i think it would work for your game - when the foosball-players are larger it might give the player a less confused feeling. You could also add a nice extreme zoom to the ball when the ball goes into the goal or when it's stuck or a new round starts
    This would give you the possibility to add more screenshots with different views - and it would be good for youtube videos because it looks more interesting than always the same static view.

You used the enhancement pack for a second splash screen yes? I never saw that in action before and i'm interested in that for my game too so i want to know if that is the result of the enhancement pack.

3. lima3b

lima3b

Hey, Vic 20, Thanks for the suggestions. I'll consider then seriously for the next releases. My major concern now is to have better responses from the controllers. I guess this version has improved from the previous one, but I am sure it can improve even more.
    The camera idea is good. During the development, I've tried to make the camera follow the ball, but it looked very distracting and confused to me. But the camera idea you gave , might work well. I'll give a try.

And yes, the second splash screen is a result from the enhancement pack.