Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Font Completely Fell apart upgrading to 5.6.2f1 + 0b10 from 5.5.2f1 + 0b9

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by TSabos, Jul 1, 2017.

1. TSabos

TSabos

https://www.dropbox.com/s/si6ud8zpng7ar6a/Unity_2017-07-01_11-48-50.png?dl=0

Image says it all.. Tried rebuiling the fonts but even the built in Liberation Sans looks terrible. Sometimes letters even render as just plain white squares.

Top left, missing/distorted letters on Scoreboard and then missing C in Majicpanda plus weird blurrted A on the end.

Bottom right, the 2nd 0 in 100 is distorted... totally crazy, can't make anything of it.

EDIT: Apparently there's new Canvas options for "Additional Shader Channels" and changing it to "Everything" and making it give a warning as shown.. "resolves" the problem. Something obviously important to work around though.

Unity_2017-07-01_11-58-26.png

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Since changes were made to the Unity API like the addition of the Additional Shader Channels which did no exist in previous releases of Unity, you also need to update the version of TextMesh Pro you are using to the Unity 5.6 release which accounts for this change.

The latest release of TMP for Unity 5.6 is release 1.0.55.56.0b10. If you take a look at the DLL files located in the "TextMesh Pro/Plugins/Runtime DLL" folder, it should have a similar name. If it does not then you are likely using the release of TMP for Unity 5.5.

Please note there is a bug with the Asset Store where it can provide the incorrect version of a package for the version of Unity you are running. If you ended up with the release for Unity 5.5, then remove the previous release of TMP from the project. Log out of your Unity ID Account. Close Unity. Restart Unity and login to your Unity account while running Unity 5.6. Then get the release from the Asset Store. At this time, the DLL names should hopefully match the 1.0.55.56.0b10 pattern.

If you still end up with the wrong release, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll get you the release of TMP for the version of Unity you need. Be sure to indicate in the PM what version of Unity you are using.

3. TSabos

TSabos

Hey Stephan, sorry I guess my edit could have been at the top of my message to show it was "resolved" by making sure all Texcoord shader channels were all selected.

Have 3 0b10 dlls and had to uncheck Editor on one to get unity to compile but other than that everything is good.

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The channels should be set automatically by TMP. It seems like you have the incorrect version. For the release of TMP for Unity 5.6, the name of the dll's should be something like 1.0.55.56.0b10.