Search Unity

Folder in addressables not working?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by pshtif, Feb 10, 2020.

1. pshtif

pshtif

Hi guys, this one seems like a huge issue so I am kind of surprised I didn't find anything on this topic. Or maybe I am just missing something obvious. I updated to latest addressables 1.6.0 and all addressables that are added as a folder stopped loading.

So this will not load anymore:

It will throw an error of having invalid key:

Whereas if I add the skills/yellow/y_04.psd file directly as addressable it will load without a problem.

So are folders at the moment unusable or is there any other way to load them compared to addressables 1.4.0 which I previously used.

Thanks.

2. Jaimi

Jaimi

I had a similar issue after upgrading from 1.5.1 to 1.6.0 - Anything within a folder would not download in WebGL.
    What I did was delete the "AddressableAssetsData" folder, and then recreated it, and rebuilt my groups and labels (easy for me because I automated it). After that, it worked correctly. I do not know if this will work for you.

3. rg_johnokane

rg_johnokane

4. magmagma

magmagma

I just came across the same problem.
    Up until now I was loading sprites as addressables without any problems, and after upgrading now it doesn't work.

I also could confirm that the problem only happens if the sprite in question is inside an addressable folder. If it isn't, the loading works fine.

I discovered it works if you load them as Texture2D and then create a Sprite, but changing all my code to work around a bug seems like a worse idea than falling back to a previous version. So I am reverting my addressables version for now.