Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Fog Volume

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Ruchir, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Ruchir

Ruchir

Is there a way to decrease Fog density in just a particular volume, because with fog volume we can only increase the density as far as I know
    This becomes a problem when I want to maybe have a Foggy scene outside the house and low-density fog inside :(

2. IMTIBIT

IMTIBIT

Make sure you dont use global volumes and use density volumes with 3D fractal noise

3. Ruchir

Ruchir

That's still an additive volume, right?
    What I'm asking is there is and "subtractive" volume
    I don't understand why this wasn't implemented as Boolean modeling instead they just gave us additive volume and that also just of cuboidal shape, no support to add custom shapes, just look at Aura in assetstore, it shows what kind of volumes are needed for a fully production-ready environment

nehvaleem likes this.
  4. nehvaleem

nehvaleem

same here. Is there a way to have subtractive density volumes in hdrp? I would like to decrease the density only in certain area.

5. FernandoMK

FernandoMK

I'm interested in that too. :)

I would like to be able to subtract from certain areas, or to be able to choose the shape of a volume based on the mesh. (Maybe a support for the mesh colider?) It would be very useful in certain scenarios

Ruchir likes this.