Search Unity

Fog of War

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ddulshan, Mar 11, 2017.

1. ddulshan

ddulshan

I'm making a FPS game with (kind of)Fog of war. I need to make a Script(script1) that covers the whole place with Fog and another Script(script2) that can be attached to Objects such as the Player and other special objects which will clear the Fog around(radial) the object that the script2 is attached to. The game is basically MOBA inspired, Dota specially but in FPS. So you may get the idea what I'm talking about.

I have no idea where to start the scripting part from. So a little direction showimg should do. Any other work around are also welcome. Please do ask if you need more information.

Thanks!

2. Lethn

Lethn

I think I may have come across something that might at least help you get started, I just realised that with fog of war the concept mathematically would be very similar to influence maps and so on. The only difference is it's just one side you're programming rather than two to imitate the fog of war.

I'm not sure how you'd get the actual effect working though and have the fog dissipate like you're wanting.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ai-influence-maps.145368/

3. ddulshan

ddulshan

Thanks. I'll get to reading right away. :V