Search Unity

Focus on single 'best' generated plane.

Discussion in 'AR' started by kingbaggot, Dec 16, 2017.

1. kingbaggot

kingbaggot

Hi - I'm really enjoying playing with the ARKit - it's really Too Much Fun.

I'm trying to ape the 'show the single best plane' approach used in this popular dragon app - where it only generates a single plane and repositions it as you move about - allowing you to drop the dragon when you're happy with it's drop area. I thought limiting the planeAnchorMap in the anchormanager to only allowing 1 entry would work but of course it didn't.

What is the best way to achieve this ? Apologies if this has been solved elsewhere - I've had a good trawl looking for an answer I promise !

cheers,

Jerry

ps. Pigeon Panic and a few others do it in a similar fashion --->
    - I assume they're customising the debugPlanePrefab, but how these apps make it square is also something I've yet to figure out.

2. shawnblais

shawnblais

It seems all they're doing is raycasting to a pt, on any plane, and if they have a pt, they position a content preview there. So it's not really using the plane at all, it's just assuming that there's a couple ft around the ray cast hit point. If you wanted to refine it further, you could have an inner collider on your prefab, and only show the preview if they're within that inner bounds.

kingbaggot likes this.
  3. jimmya

jimmya

Have a look at the FocusSquare sample - might be more along the lines you're looking for.

kingbaggot likes this.