Search Unity

Focus.Flow - Designed to turbocharge your productivity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Univerb-Gaming, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Univerb-Gaming

Univerb-Gaming

Hi Guys,

Just a very quick note to mention a small productivity tool I released about a month or so back.

Focus.Flow is an adaptation of the time managment method, the Pomodoro Technique developed by Francesco Cirillo in the late 1980s. It is designed to help you break units of work into managable intervals with forced short breaks - a personal requirement I had which led to it's development.

Each interval is known as a pomodori (tomato), a set of 4 completed pomodori without interuption is called a pomodoro. We hope that this tool assists you in timeboxing your Unity project work and adds value to your existing workflow.

Feel free to pick up a copy on the asset store here https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/39692 - for only $1!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Very cool.
    Can you explain a little bit how this is incorporated into Unity?

And - how this would benefit the lone wolf indie?

I read about this back when I (as an artist) was being lead down the path of object oriented - SOA - kanban project management, workflow processes, but didn't really go beyond, another process to speed up my artists who need time to iterate, regardless of the deadlines imposed by people who only attend meetings all day.
    HA! :)

3. Univerb-Gaming

Univerb-Gaming

Hi there,

No problem at all! Basically the tool is a free floating / dock-able utility window controlling your sets of Pomodori. By default everything is setup ready to go but it's possible to modify Pomodori length and break times. You can elect to be alerted visually or sonically - or both.

The main reason for writing this (and investigating the technique) is to break hyper focus which ultimately slows down your true productivity the longer you push. Breaks are important - and a balance more so.

The usual controls like skipping breaks, resetting a set of Pomodori due to interruption or forcing an interruption are all there.

Cheers and thank you for looking!

PS: Meetings. Remove all chairs from meeting rooms and the world will improve upon useful output.

theANMATOR2b likes this.