Search Unity

Audio FMOD integration problems

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by WillSullivan13, Jan 17, 2019.

1. WillSullivan13

WillSullivan13

Hi there, apologies if this isn't the right place for this query...

I'm running the newest version of Unity currently (2018.3.2f1) as well as the newest version of FMOD and Unity integration package (1.10.10), both in 64 bits on Windows 10.

After loading a project and importing the integration package, selecting all files, it seemed to all go through smoothly, however there is no trace of FMOD within unity. Normally a new menu will appear in the toolbar, a warning will pop up saying that the project isn't connected to an FMOD project etc, however none of this has happened.

I've tried reinstalling both programs, restarting, re-importing but still the integration hasn't worked at all.

I just wondered if anyone knew of any fixes to this? My only thought is it could be a compatibility issue with one of the new versions of software, and I might need to downgrade to an older version.

Thanks for all your help.

Will

2. r618

r618

Does creating a new project, importing FMOD Integrations, and importing your FMOD project afterwards work ?
    Integrations package itself imports correctly into 2018.3.2 (i.e. I have FMOD settings accessible, but I didn't import any FMOD banks/project (since I don't usually work directly with Studio))

3. WillSullivan13

WillSullivan13

Hi there,

I'm unable to import my FMOD project - the integration hasn't worked at all so there is no option to import anything related to FMOD.

4. WillSullivan13

WillSullivan13

OK think I've found a fix just in case anyone comes across this unusual error:

1. In the file "CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs" go to line 88. Change this line from "BuildTargetGroup.WebPlayer," to "BuildTargetGroup.WebGL" and saving.

2. There is some occlusion data that is apparently corrupt. Try clicking Window > Rendering > Occlusion Culling > Bake and then click the "Bake" button at the bottom right of the Bake tab

Seems to have solved it for me. Credit to solution goes to Richard at FMOD ;)

DaneLaw likes this.
  5. DaneLaw

DaneLaw

Thanks WillSullivan13 - was having same problem and this fixed it.

(Line 88 of CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cd also also comes up in the Unity Console as an error)

6. Thetcfactor

Thetcfactor

Hi I've tried integrating FMOD into multiple projects and the menu no longer shows up. I import custom package and go import all, it ends successfully but nothing shows up. Restart, try it again and it says it's already been imported but shows no window. Any ideas?

7. blitzoid1998

blitzoid1998

Where is that file located? I can't seem to find it.

8. luisdelpozo

luisdelpozo

Hi, same here. I have the same problem but don't manage to find that file. Is it inside Unity folder? This is a nightmareeee

9. I think he's talking about the Standard Assets. That contains a file called CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs. If you don't have that, you don't need to change it. If it doesn't work for you, you probably have other issues.