Search Unity

Audio [FMOD] How to Speed Up music/sound without changing its pitch?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by romi-fauzi, Jul 2, 2018.

1. romi-fauzi

romi-fauzi

Hi all, hopefully this is okay to ask this here, and maybe some of you have experience with it.

been researching about it this past couple days, but can’t find a solution, is there a way to do this using FMOD in Unity? like the one in youtube, if you speed up the video, the sound pitch will stay the same? any help would really appreciated

2. wheatgrinder

wheatgrinder

I think you need to build your event in fmod studio. In FMOD Studio add your audio to a track and create a parameter to control the pitch of the Track (not the entire event) then you can use unity to modify the parameter in your game. You can get up and running pretty quick with adaptive music and automation techniques of which your need is a simple example.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp4vT3ssm5SUqwHvbverTlYu4LwwkWHek

3. romi-fauzi

romi-fauzi

Thanks a lot for responding, I've did that, but the pitch changed, we want to speed up without changing the pitch, and finally we are able to do that using Unity built in audio, using Pitch Shifter.

4. Dezcy

Dezcy

can you share the way you can do that? i try a lot with Pitch Shifter, but it's not successful.