Search Unity

FMOD builds, but files are missing

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Ash-Blue, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Ash-Blue

Ash-Blue

Our team is using FMOD and Unity Cloud Build. We don't want to include the FMOD sound banks in StreamingAssets since it's duplicate content already in our FMOD Git submodule. We were hoping that FMOD's `EventManager.CopyToStreamingAssets` would copy all the sound bank files over. But it doesn't seem to be working. It definitely runs the build sound bank command without error in cloud. But it fails to populate anything in the `StreamingAssets` folder. Any clues as to why no sound banks would be copied over?

2. Ash-Blue

Ash-Blue

I found a solution, by manually copying over the banks myself with a small script it magically started working. Looks like FMOD with Cloud Build can't seem to figure out that it should copy over the bank files. Not sure why, looks like it might have something to do with a false positive in the FMOD cache built in the cloud.

3. IGoByChad

IGoByChad

Ash-Blue, can you elaborate on manually copying over the banks with a small script? (Do you just create a simple static C# function to copy them?)

I want to add those StreamingAssets to my gitignore file so that everyone doesn't have to keep ignoring changes to the files. Trying to call "FMODUnity.EventManager.BuildTargetChanged" doesn't seem to copy the banks over.