Search Unity

Fluvio - Fluid Dynamics for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by lilymontoute, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Nathair23

Nathair23

Hi there,
    first of all thank you for the beautiful product you brought us! Do you think it is possible to make a water blob with Fluvio? It needs to move around controlled by the player and to split in smaller drops when hitting particular elements.
    Thank you!

2. thinksquirrel_julie

thinksquirrel_julie

Hi everyone,

Since it is Giving Tuesday after all, we wanted to say thanks for your generosity!

In total, customers raised $240 throughout September and October in support of the Houston Food Bank, Direct Relief, and Unidos por Puerto Rico. We decided to match the proceeds and increase the donation amount to a total of $500, split between each charity. For the Houston Food Bank alone, it was enough to provide 500 meals!

Thanks again to everyone who participated and we hope you all have a great holiday season.

hippocoder likes this.
  3. thinksquirrel_julie

thinksquirrel_julie

Sorry for the delay! I can’t give a firm ETA on this just yet, but it will likely be a few weeks. We’ll post updates to the support doc mentioned above as we have them.

4. thinksquirrel_julie

thinksquirrel_julie

Hi there,

Glad you’re enjoying Fluvio! Yes, something like that would be possible with Fluvio. Fluid Touch would allow the player to control the fluid and when hitting colliders with the Fluid Collider component the fluid should split into smaller drops.

You can check out our Paint example to see something like this in action.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help!

MarStr likes this.
  5. addwittynamehere

addwittynamehere

Hi! I'm working on a chemistry lab simulation project in VR. Right now, I'm working on filling beakers with Fluvio fluid. I have it working such that it fills in the beakers when they are stationary. However, I'm struggling with leaks, as fluid leaks out of my test beakers whenever I move them with Oculus Touch. I've been following along with the guidelines in here: https://support.getfluv.io/article/184-filling-volumes-with-liquid. I've lowered the timestep dramatically, I have messed with the Fluid Collider settings and fluid settings, but nothing seems to be working. Do you have any suggestions for how to remedy this?

Thanks,
    Mark schmidt

6. thinksquirrel_julie

thinksquirrel_julie

Hi Mark,

You could try adding effectors around the beakers to destroy any stray particles. Another option you could try is increasing the index grid bucket size or disabling it altogether. However, this would have a large performance impact.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help further.

Thanks,

7. klobbi1212

klobbi1212

Hi Julie,
    i try to get fluvio to work, but i can not use the inspector on the fluid particle system.
    Unity Version is 2017.3.1f1
    May be you know what i am doing wrong ?

When I add a Fluid particle with tools/thinkquirrel/fluvio/create fluid particle system and try to inspect it, edit it,
    the Console shows the following error:
    ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: type
    Thinksquirrel.FluvioEditor.ReflectionHelpers.GetPropertyValue[Rect] (System.Type type, System.String propertyName)
    Thinksquirrel.FluvioEditor.Inspectors.FluidParticleSystemInspector.OnInspectorGUI ()
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1253)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

8. Fortitude3D

Fortitude3D

So realistic, goodjob!

lilymontoute likes this.
  9. thinksquirrel_julie

thinksquirrel_julie

Sorry for the trouble. We currently recommend Unity 2017.1. Support for 2017.2 and 2017.3 is in development but we don’t have an ETA at this time.

We’ll keep this version compatibility chart up to date as we release updates.

10. thinksquirrel_julie

thinksquirrel_julie

Thanks! Glad to hear it :)

11. klobbi1212

klobbi1212

Hi again,
    i have installed a previous version of nity now(2017.1.3f1) and this brings up the inspector for the fluid.
    Thx alot, i will play around with it.
    I will go deeper into this forum posts , may be i get some answers about stuff here.

First thing to ask is, what the difference between the free version and the upgrade is. Havent found any information until now.

12. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

The main difference is the use of more than 3000 particles per fluid group. You can see our edition comparison here.

13. Aykutkaraca

Aykutkaraca

It doesnt work under 2018.2.7f1.

14. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

Hi everyone,

I have an exciting announcement to share with you all.

As you may know, Fluvio was initially released in 2011, back in Unity 3.x before Unity had compute support and when engine releases were far apart. At the time, Fluvio (and eventually, our GPU fluid simulation) was an ambitious goal, with many pieces in place to make it possible within Unity. However, as Unity has modernized and updated their engine and release process, the process of getting (and keeping) Fluvio up-to-date with current Unity versions has been difficult.

Thankfully, significant developments have been made in some very key areas of Unity and provided us with an opportunity to both reduce the complexity of Fluvio and take the future of it in a new direction. So I’d like to introduce: FluvioFX.

We’ve rewritten Fluvio from the ground up in order to utilize Unity’s new Visual Effect Graph. FluvioFX offers a more solid foundation, ongoing compatibility with a wide range of Unity versions, and uses many features present in modern Unity.

And here’s the best part—FluvioFX is both free and open source!

We’re opening up the development process as well to the community, and I’m happy to announce that an early build is available on GitHub today.

github.com/thinksquirrel/fluviofx

Please keep in mind that FluvioFX is still under heavy development. Like Unity’s Visual Effect Graph, this means that you will want to take care before using it in any production projects. Finally, a huge thanks to all of our wonderful customers and the team at Thinksquirrel—this wouldn’t be possible otherwise.

Thanks,
    Lily

---

We’ve added some answers to a few common questions below.

How do I get it?
    FluvioFX can be installed through the Unity package manager. Installation instructions can be found on GitHub.

Is there a website?
    We will be launching a dedicated website for FluvioFX soon.

Is it on the Asset Store?
    Since the Asset Store does not yet accept Unity Package Manager packages, FluvioFX will be available there at a later date.

Can I still get Fluvio or Fluvio Free?
    Outside of enterprise agreements, the current versions of Fluvio, Fluvio Free, Fluvio Examples, and Fluvio Selections have been deprecated and are no longer available for sale.

Will I be able to upgrade an existing version of Fluvio or Fluvio Free to FluvioFX?
    FluvioFX is a complete rewrite of Fluvio and is not directly compatible with it. While many of the physical variables are the same and can be migrated over directly, many other features are too closely tied to Unity’s Shuriken particle system or available in the Visual Effects Graph and will not be implemented.

How far along is FluvioFX? Is the project feature-complete?
    FluvioFX is still working towards a 1.0 release, and not all planned features are available yet. Check GitHub for details.

Are there any new example projects?
    Not yet! We’re going to be making a concentrated push on documentation (well before 1.0 to help ease users into the project), including a comprehensive set of well-documented examples.

I recently purchased Fluvio/Fluvio Selections: Fountains from the Asset Store. Can I be refunded?
    Users who have purchased Fluvio or Fluvio Selections: Fountains from July 1st, 2018 may obtain a refund by emailing support.

How will support work for FluvioFX?
    With this change, we are moving to an open support model. We’ll be maintaining this code and looking through GitHub issues and pull requests. Feel free to ask questions, give feedback, or suggest improvements there!

For enterprise customers: The same premium support channels will be available for FluvioFX. Please get in touch with your representative for more details.

Where can I see what updates and features are planned for FluvioFX?
    We’ll release a roadmap soon. In the meantime, check GitHub for up-to-date information.

Mauri, chesiren, paraself and 3 others like this.
  15. kaniballo

kaniballo

Hi,... @thinksquirrel_lily can you provide little more about install from github i try on Unity 2019.2.7f2 - no success in part when have to add line ("com.thinksquirrel.fluviofx": "https://github.com/thinksquirrel/fluviofx.git") in manifest.json
    ,... Unity editor can't load with massege
    tnx ahead... if You put some light,...

kyungtai_windflow likes this.
  16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi! I've also been having some issues on import. After following the steps on Github and adding the link to my manifest.json, the project updates, but without access to fluvio VFX graphs. I then went to Tools > Fluvio > Install and got the following error:
    Fluvio-error.png

Any ideas what might be going wrong? Looking forward to trying Fluvio out sooooon

17. Lab58EswinParedes

Lab58EswinParedes

Is this package still under development?

18. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

19. avandenberg

avandenberg

Will this be ported to URP? :) I'm having a hard time getting it to work in there

20. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

Eventually, I'd like to. My schedule has been pretty packed though, so contributions appreciated!

21. chesiren

chesiren

is there is someone that can give an download link for example on how to make water with fluviofx?

22. kyungtai_windflow

kyungtai_windflow

I got error, too
    please, help me

23. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

Hi @d_windflow and @kaniballo,

I recommend checking the GitHub issues, as I do not monitor this thread as frequently these days. We have an open issue with Unity compatibility with 2019 and updates are being worked on.

24. Studio_Akiba

Studio_Akiba

Are there any available archives for Fluvio supporting the older versions of Unity, like Unity 5?

I'm on an old Pro license and would like to remain on it, but need a robust fluid simulation, and remember using Fluvio free in the past but obviously that's not on the Asset Store anymore.

I don't suppose anyone still has the code for it?