Search Unity

Flurry for BlackBerry Plugin

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Fliperamma, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Fliperamma

Fliperamma

Hi

I'm not a C++ developer (maybe I'm not a good developer yet at all) but I'm trying to develop a simple plugin for Flurry / BlackBerry ... I must say that I'm lost at this and also there's no documentation about Plugins for BlackBerry like we have for iOS (http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/PluginsForIOS.html)

So far I have the Flurry SDK files (libFlurry.a and Flurry.h), a .cpp file which will communicate with the library / header files ... I have the Momentics installed but I don't know where to go now ..

- How can I make the integration with Unity?

- Do I need to have a .so file with my .cpp, libFlurry.a and Flurry.h together? How can I do that?

This is my C# Script

Code (csharp):
    2. [DllImport("mysopluginfile")]:
    3. private static extern void StartFlurrySession (string eventName);
    5. void Start (){
    6. StartFlurrySession("APIKEY");
    7. }

This is my .cpp file
    "Flurry::Analytics::StartSession" is a method inside the Flurry.h file.

Code (csharp):
    2. #include <Flurry.h>
    4. extern "C" {
    5.     void StartFlurrySession (const char *APIKey){
    6.         Flurry::Analytics::StartSession(APIKey);
    7.     }
    8. }

I'm still studying this so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

3. Fliperamma

Fliperamma

Hi Alex, thank you for your answer.

I was able to create a .so file with some functions inside and that worked fine. I used Momentics with QNX QCC Toolchain (I assume that it was the default). But when I try to do the same with Flurry I just can't make it work. .. here are my steps in Momentics:

1 - New BlackBerry Project => Shared Library

2 - Add External Library => Device and Simulator (armle-v7 and x86 libFlurry.a files)

3 - Add Header file folder => Flurry.h

4 - Set Build configuration for Device-Release

5 - Hit "Build Project"

Error:

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

The first link takes the user to a badly written example, sorry to say it seems outdated and confusing for newbies.
    It is missing the example project! so I can tell maybe no one has visited this for long time.

Anyway I really wonder if anyone has a solution yet, I have attempted following the guide and managed to download Flurry Blackberry SDK and also needed software but just does not seem to work on Mac.