Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Flurry for BlackBerry Plugin

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Fliperamma, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Fliperamma

Fliperamma

Hi

I'm not a C++ developer (maybe I'm not a good developer yet at all) but I'm trying to develop a simple plugin for Flurry / BlackBerry ... I must say that I'm lost at this and also there's no documentation about Plugins for BlackBerry like we have for iOS (http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/PluginsForIOS.html)

So far I have the Flurry SDK files (libFlurry.a and Flurry.h), a .cpp file which will communicate with the library / header files ... I have the Momentics installed but I don't know where to go now ..

- How can I make the integration with Unity?

- Do I need to have a .so file with my .cpp, libFlurry.a and Flurry.h together? How can I do that?

This is my C# Script

Code (csharp):
    2. [DllImport("mysopluginfile")]:
    3. private static extern void StartFlurrySession (string eventName);
    5. void Start (){
    6. StartFlurrySession("APIKEY");
    7. }

This is my .cpp file
    "Flurry::Analytics::StartSession" is a method inside the Flurry.h file.

Code (csharp):
    2. #include <Flurry.h>
    4. extern "C" {
    5.     void StartFlurrySession (const char *APIKey){
    6.         Flurry::Analytics::StartSession(APIKey);
    7.     }
    8. }

I'm still studying this so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. Thanks for any help.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

3. Fliperamma

Fliperamma

Hi Alex, thank you for your answer.

I was able to create a .so file with some functions inside and that worked fine. I used Momentics with QNX QCC Toolchain (I assume that it was the default). But when I try to do the same with Flurry I just can't make it work. .. here are my steps in Momentics:

1 - New BlackBerry Project => Shared Library

2 - Add External Library => Device and Simulator (armle-v7 and x86 libFlurry.a files)

3 - Add Header file folder => Flurry.h

4 - Set Build configuration for Device-Release

5 - Hit "Build Project"

Error:

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

The first link takes the user to a badly written example, sorry to say it seems outdated and confusing for newbies.
    It is missing the example project! so I can tell maybe no one has visited this for long time.

Anyway I really wonder if anyone has a solution yet, I have attempted following the guide and managed to download Flurry Blackberry SDK and also needed software but just does not seem to work on Mac.