Search Unity

Fluidity - NextGen Fluid Dynamics - [ RELEASED ]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by smb02dunnal, Oct 22, 2013.

1. elbows

elbows

You cant stop individuals moving on with their lives. Even hugely popular assets that sell a ton get deprecated, so its even more of a risk with more niche ones. In this case I dont know what happened, but I do know that in this case most of the dev work was done before initial release, rather than the product evolving significantly in subseuqent years, and not all that much longer after this thread was first started he got a job at nvidia.

2. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Well, that explains everything.
    Is it piracy if it's not for sale in the first place?

3. elbows

elbows

No, it is just one part of the picture. For example, he continued to support and update this asset for years after he got that job.

Just because something is no longer available doesnt give people the right to copy it freely. And even if it did, piracy of Unity assets has additional ramifications because presumably you'd be using it inside your own projects and you would then not actually have the legal right to use everything that was part of your project, which is an issue that should not be ignored or taken lightly.

I know it is annoying when assets that are of interest are no longer available, but thats life. And even if you were able to get hold of Fluidity and the right to use it in your own projects, thats not going to magically make it work with modern versions of Unity. I dont actually remember whether this asset still works with recent Unity versions since it has been quite some time since I used it myself, but its just another hurdle that makes using deprecated assets risky and painful.

4. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

... I actually bought it when it was available.

5. yendou

yendou

Hi, is there any news on this old stuff? I cant find anything as good, but cannot buy or find this anywhere, its been a long time, so ill ask here, maybe somebody knows about it or an alternative