Search Unity

Bug floating windows cant resize, crash editor when attempt to dock

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jonbitzen42, Sep 6, 2015.

1. jonbitzen42

jonbitzen42

Has anyone else had strange issues with floating windows?

If I open a window (for example Profiler, but it could be any of them) from the "Window" menu, I get a new floating window. If I maximize the floating window there is no way to unmaximize it (pressing the same button to maximize it does not toggle). Also when you run the mouse over the edges of the window, you do not get any resize manipulators.

I've also noticed that there will be an empty space at the bottom of the floating window which says "No frame data available".

I've also found that if I try to dock the floating window into another tabbed pane, the entire editor will crash.

Im running Mint 17.2 Cinnamon with Nvidia drivers, 870M. Also happens on my desktop, Mint 17 Cinnamon with a GTX 760m

Thanks

BW42

2. kemde

kemde

Same for me, not possible to customize the editor. Each time i drag a panel the editor crashes.

Linux Mint 17, Nvidia 660.

Edit: Found a workaround for the crashes when dragging panels:
    1. Look for the path to the executable in the desktop-Icon.
    2. write a scripty (example: unity51) using a plain text editor and place it in your home with the followinfg 3 lines (Edit: it's not csharp, it's a shell-script):
    Code (csharp):
    1. #! /bin/sh
    2. cd /opt/Unity/Editor
    3. ./Unity
    Info: /opt/Unity/Editor is my path, copied from the original the desktop icon, maybe others paths are different (wise look to the horizon :))

3. Change the scripty to "executable"
    4. Add a new desktop icon for the scripty, do with the old icon as you please

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015