Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Floating Inspector

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NocturnalWisp, Nov 17, 2022.

1. NocturnalWisp

NocturnalWisp

I have been constantly annoyed with how the current inspector works. I decided to make it much more portable, and convenient as I like it!

The Floating Inspector is a tool I created that works in any Unity editor instance and provides quicker access to the inspector and removes the pesky docked window for convenient access on laptops and smaller screens.

Features:
    - Inspector Pinning - Keep the window in place to drag and drop into script slots.
    - Multiple Windows - Open as many as you need to fit your workflow.
    - Component Hover View - Quickly reference what components an object has just by hovering over it. (Works in scene, hierarchy, and project windows.)
    - Floating Hierarchy - Especially useful for UI when you try to select something in the scene, but a child object is over top it. Jump between parent/sibling/child relations with ease.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/floating-inspector-236873

Note: Video is on its way, just waiting for approval to place on the page, but attaching the YouTube link here: