Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Flipbook not Looping

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by InitusInteractive, Mar 20, 2020.

1. InitusInteractive

InitusInteractive

hi, I'm experimenting with "Flipbook" VFX animations. I borrowed the Wispy Smoke 8x8 from the VFX demo. a 64 frame animataion.

However, when using the Flipbook Player on Update Particle it seems to animate past the 64 frames and never repeats.

I am using Output Particle Lit Octagon
    Uv Move : Flipbook Blend
    Flipbook size 8x8

It plays the animation fine but then the particles (although still there) just go blank when the last frame is rendered.

I am using Unity 2019.3.6f1

Any ideas?

upload_2020-3-20_12-54-19.png

2. syoels

syoels

Hey! probably too late but for future users - you should add a "Flipbook Layer" component to your Update Particle node.

Attached Files:

3. Solobolt

Solobolt

Only a couple of years late, but, I ran into the same issue and solved it so I'm posting the solution here for anyone here that needs it to find.

The flipbook player seems to only run through once, to make it play in the loop I created a block using the modulo operator. multiplying the time elapsed by the desired framerate and then checking which texture index should be set against the total number of images in the flipbook.

Looping Flipbook Unity.png

Make sure you don't have a flipbook player in the update and this should work.