Search Unity

Question Flickering semi-transparent UI elements in Editor

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Endahs, May 17, 2023.

1. Endahs

Endahs

Hi there, thanks for reading.

Issue: Semi-transparent UI elements on my 2D mobile game flicker repeatedly in the Unity Editor and in Play Mode. There is NO issue when building to Android or iOS; this ONLY happens in the Editor. It does not affect any part of the Editor or any other component in the project; it ONLY affects these semi-transparent UI elements. They are basic 1x1 sprites (Texture2D) being stretched across the screen to produce semi-transparent black backgrounds for other UI elements.

For flickering elements that are more transparent than they are opaque, they flicker by disappearing. For flickering elements that are more opaque than they are transparent, they flicker by becoming entirely opaque. It seems like the transparent backgrounds momentarily flicker by turning entirely transparent OR by becoming entirely opaque.

Video of it happening (note the top and bottom bars on first screen, parts of second screen):

I have only one camera in the entire project:
    upload_2023-5-17_17-7-6.png

Example object that flickers:
    upload_2023-5-17_17-7-50.png

The texture:
    upload_2023-5-17_17-8-14.png

Any ideas?? I have played with Nvidia settings on GPU (excluding Unity Editor from gSync), tried playing with camera clipping planes, z values for the UI elements, etc. I will take any advice or ideas at all, as this makes capturing the game for promotional videos impossible with the flickering.

Thanks in advance! I'll respond to every reply.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    kazumaro1202 likes this.
  2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Note that the 2D forum is not for UI related subjects.

I'll move your post to the UI forum.

Thanks.