Search Unity

Flickering in Oculus Rift and few other questions

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by SIV, Jun 19, 2015.

1. SIV

SIV

Hello,

I have few questions please regarding Oculus Rift DK2

1/ Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this flickering ? its everywhere :(
    I should mention that only happen in oculus rift.
    2/ Also how can i raise the position of the camera ? everytime i do that in editor then test the game it always reset to initial position.
    3/ I have DK2 and the SDK provided (the prefabs) i cant use hem to allow players to zoom in and out (using their head) how to do that please ?

Thanks so much :)

2. Piflik

Piflik

Regarding 1: Are you perchance using a Bloom effect? I had a similar thing happening earlier with HDR Bloom.

3. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

As Piflik said, try disabling any image effects, they typically don't work so well in VR.

Make the camera a child of another game object. Move that object.

The camera's position moves based on the head position by default (when DK2 camera is connected). Note that the units are in meters, so make sure your world scale is correct.

SIV likes this.
  4. SIV

SIV

When i change the rendering path from Forward to Deferred everything works fine except that the trees and other nature elements now have some blue edges.

Also as you can see, its only on the top half view
    Tried to play with the texture but i found that the shader is hiden lol first time i saw this thing.

What is it and how to make it visible to change please ?

Thanks,
    SIV

5. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

Is the blue edge chromatic aberration correction for the lenses? It would make sense it's only the top of the screen, since the aberration occurs more at the edges of the lenses. But I would expect to see it in both Forward and Deferred.

6. SIV

SIV

Its actually happening in editor, game and oculus rift not only oculus rift build, its the best solution i foind so far to keep all image effects and get rid of the flickering, also its not really the half top its when i look to the sky, is it something related to the skybox ?