Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

fleshtheworld

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by fleshtheworld, Jul 22, 2012.

1. fleshtheworld

fleshtheworld

fleshtheworld is an open world simulator game I am working on for fun.

I am showing the work to get technical help and ideas from other game developers on the many features that I am working on.

-

Status

Demo/Prototype
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81486705/fleshtheworld-Prototype2.html

-Game Environment - Working on finding a non CPU intensive method to making accurate game environments.

-Working on Character, AI, and interaction features. Gameplay is set, but no story, design, or art style, set yet. These need to be set because without them Im left too open not sure what to focus on - but its mostly because of Unity randomly not starting up so I AFK a lot.

-

A character concept for testing all the player features I have in mind for characters. Haven't gotten to making the 3d model yet.

-

I plan to put it on kickstarter for funding once its more developed and has a clear reason to be played. If funding is successful, the game will be free.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. cod

cod

good :D how did u render the fog under water?

3. Duskling

Duskling

Better than what most people have.

1) Make the rotation lerp.
    2) Maybe use locomotion for much more realistic and interesting movement.

4. Eiznek

Eiznek

Your jumping to the left and right can make you jump into walls.. so you can fall through the world. I don't know what nav your using for AI but maybe you could use the navigation to select a suitable location.. or even just raycast to see if there is a wall or slope at the side jumped location.

5. fleshtheworld

fleshtheworld

@ cod - It is a simple fog that is triggered true when the camera is at the set level. Im sure you can imagine all the troubles that come with this poor underwater fog method. But for now it works for the prototype.

@ Duskling - I am sure you are referring to the camera rotation speed issue. That will be fix soon enough :) I haven't looked into locomotion but I will be implementing a feature very much like that if not the locomotion system itself.

@ Eiznek - Yes the side dash does occasionally go through walls for now as a bug. But additionally with it you can climb trees by using the side jumps along with normal jumps, its a fun climbing feat. The Nav is a simple follow target script.

-

Thanks for all the crits guys.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012