Search Unity

flavourit - my cookbook made with Unity

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by GiantGrey, Jul 13, 2014.

1. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

Hello,

my name is Marc Egli and I'm one of the co-founder of doorfortyfour.

We are really excited to announce our first project: flavourit - my cookbook.
    It was developed with Unity. Hope you like it :)

You like cooking and you enjoy delicious food?
    Maybe you wish you had a little helper which reminds you of your favorite recipes? flavourit – small enough to practically fit in every pocket – can be your great helper! Create your personal cookbook according to your taste and share your favorite recipes with friends! It’s about time to be proud of what you’re conjuring each day!

website
    official press release
    Facebook page (where you can load additional recipes)

Features:
    • Intuitive, quick and easy recipe editor.
    • 3 main categories (food,sweets,drinks) and 46 subcategories offer ample space for all recipes.
    • Access to camera and photo album to add recipe photos.
    • Optimised recipe view and functional design.
    • The smart search function filters particular ingredients, marked favorites and veggie or vegan recipes.
    • Flip through the recipe collection in fullscreen-mode or scroll through list-view.
    • The clever, editable shopping list adds all ingredients of a chosen recipe automatically.
    • Print, email or share gorgeous recipe cards.
    • Export/Import functions (therefore a Facebook connection is required). Recipes can be loaded directly from the Facebook-App or by scanning the QR code.
    • The own recipes or those of friends are modifiable anytime.
    • Choice of ten beautiful flavourit covers. Each one more beautiful than the other!
    • No registration required.
    • No internet connection required. (except for using the share functions)
    • In App-purchases possible.
    • Languages: English, German

What the press says:

Android Police
    "...Flavourit looks to set itself apart from the rest with a few unique features ... the ability to just instantly create a good-looking and informative graphic is super cool."

Appszoom
    "Flavourit has streamlined the way recipes are read and written, which, as a kitchen enthusiast, is pretty damn neat."

available on:

2. earrgames

earrgames

hahaha!(I'm not bullying) very interesting! really, i was expecting a game about cooking, but is rather uncommon to see helpful applications made with unity. Very original concept! I'll not test the app because I don't like cooking :D! but your video showed enough to judge! congratulations! your app looks very professional.:cool:

3. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

Why did you decide to use unity for this? I find working with menus very tedious. How did you approach the project? Looks very professional indeed, good job.

4. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

@earrgames: thank you :)

@joni.giuro: thank you! It all started as a really small project, my girlfriend had this small idea and it went bigger and bigger. ;) I come from the game industry and working with unity is just so intuitive for me, and with unity we had a first prototype done very quickly. Thanks to the possibility of extending your projects with nice plugins. Which really saves you a lot of development time. So, for a two man indie dev studio it was just the right choice for us.

5. joni-giuro

joni-giuro

Did you use anything particular for the UI? NGUI?

6. Callski

Callski

I second Joni. What did you guys use to create your UI? Was it a custom made system? It looks really slick!

7. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

We used the excellent DF-GUI(daikon forge) system. With some additional custom changes. I think we couldn't have done it without it. Especially the editor was a challenge because of the different z-ordering stuff going on.

8. StevenMcS

StevenMcS

Awesome, really interesting use of Unity. Excellent job.

9. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Very nice looking video.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Very nice video and app.

11. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Awesome App indeed. 2 thumbs up!

12. GiantGrey

GiantGrey

Thank you StevenMcS, Lostlogic, Giordanox15 and I am da bawss! :)

If you guys want to support us:
    Please vote for flavourit at the content award! -> http://www.contentaward.at/voten/965
    just login with your Facebook account and vote 100, 50 or 25 points. (the more the better) ;)
    every vote counts!
    Thanks in advance!