Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Flashing Pixels on the HDRP in VR

Discussion in 'VR' started by MauriceM, May 8, 2019.

1. MauriceM

MauriceM

Hello there,

I stumbled across a strange problem:

I have white (and black) flashing pixel errors on the rendered images of my VR Device, (and in the editor window) if VR is active in an HDRP-Project. It looks a bit like VHS Snow, but only sporadically.

I use HDRP 2019.1.1f1 and OpenVr (the Oculus-Integration causes the same issue, I think it is not the integration itself )

Originally, I thought that it could be due to the lighting. But the pixel errors also occur in completely unlit scenes.

If only one image has to be rendered, the pixel errors disappear, I think it could have something to do with the fact, that two images have to be rendered.

Is there a way to prevent the flashes? Or is this still a bug of the HDRP in VR?

I wish you all a wonderful day,
    Maurice

2. fabien-unity

fabien-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Could you share your repro steps and screenshots of the problem ? Or a simple project where the issue happen?

Cheers,
    Fabien

3. MauriceM

MauriceM

It is just a simple scene with the standard HDRP and VR enabled.

(ignore the crappy light build ^^)

4. fabien-unity

fabien-unity

Unity Technologies

This looks like NaNs.
    There are have been a few recent fixes in SRP master to address those (they should be backported and part of the next HDRP package).
    If it still happens, I'd recommend to log an issue: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting