Search Unity

flash in a flash contest

Discussion in 'Flash' started by jessee03, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jessee03

jessee03

I have a quick question after submitting my entry and rereading the contest rules. I uploaded my unity flash game and screenshots to my public dropbox account and included direct links to both in my submission. My question is will this work for the contest or am I supposed to upload this entry to an actual flash website ? I am a little confused and don't want to be disqualified for this. I will resubmit my entry if this is required.

2. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

We'll provide more detailed submission guidelines when the contest deadline comes closer. Dropbox links should be fine, provided you make sure that those links actually work when we start judging.

3. jessee03

jessee03

I'm hoping the dropbox link decides to work on the judging day. I've heard sometimes it's not reliable for links sometimes because they change occasionally. I really hope they check the entries before the deadline just to make sure there's no issues.

4. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

If you don't trust the place where you'll put up the contest entry, you should find a place you do trust. I've never had a dropbox link go down on me though.

5. jessee03

jessee03

Alright sounds good! I think dropbox will be fine for now. Thanks for answering my questions !

6. Running Pixel

Running Pixel

two fast question about the contest:

1) I submitted a game (THIS) into the contest but I hadn't any confirmation. How do I know that my entry is valid?

2) Can I submit more than an entry to the contest?

7. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

This, for sure. The judges will probably have to go through hundreds (thousands?) of entries. If you can't be bothered to make sure it will work, why should they spend their time on it?

8. mesho

mesho

is there any limit to the size of the game ?!

9. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

we haven't sent out any confirmations yet.

you can submit as many entries as you want

there's no limit on the size of the game. small filesizes for great content impresses more than humongous filesizes for a mediocre piece of content.

10. mesho

mesho

thanks Lucas , is it legal to put credits on the game ?!

11. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

I'm not aware of any laws in any country that would prevent you from doing so :)

12. mesho

mesho

thanks alot :) but ther is no confirmation e-mail yet, how we know that our contest recieved