Search Unity

Flash exporter final ETA?

Discussion in 'Flash' started by myertveho, Mar 22, 2012.

1. myertveho

myertveho

Hiya,

I'm currently waiting on the flash exporter final to be released so I can start working on a paid project for a client. I was wondering if there is any sort of super rough ETA that I might be able to tell them. i.e. in a few months, by the end of the year etc etc.

Thanks

2. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

It will get better and better in the coming months. When we feel confident enough to put the "1.0" sticker on it is hard to tell, but should be in 2012. You're allowed to use the public preview, and upcoming preview builds to do commercial work though, so at the end of the day it really is about if the current build does what you want it to do, or if it still misses some feature that you need.

3. yohami

yohami

Render quality + antialiasing, missing and damn important.

4. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Yohami, you can set antialiasing directly on QualitySettings.antialiasing, which works in the last public preview.

5. andorov

andorov

Are there plans to support NetworkView ever?

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Are we allowed to release something made with unity pro for flash beta? It will be free, and promote unity. I think it is quite exciting so if anyone at unity is interested in what we are doing for you, let us know via PM!

Sometimes I like to give back a little and this is one of those times. I can't announce what it is to the general public but it makes use of post fx and just about every visual effect possible. The intended audience for the thing is around 500,000 people.

This is not a commercial project for us.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  7. ParaLogic

ParaLogic

So I guess you can :)

8. yohami

yohami

Ralph, can you confirm the antialias should work in flash? I tried the QualitySettings.antialiasing but no luck so far. Thanks.

9. Boff

Boff

I'm the office junior flash developer looking into unity on behalf of the senior who's I'm trying to stay ahead of :)
    some more impossible questions for Ralph.

1) how often are the updates coming? And what can we expect to see change?

2) when is the final eta?

3) what is the plan for us who are actually involved in commercial projects, as my development studio have both full licensing for Adobe products and unity.

We've had separate unity | flash productions before, and this is the first flash + unity project to date.

Personally I think it's a lovely sweet-spot as a flash developer to get grips with what is going on.
    We get to play with unity 3d functionality and then import right into flash project where we have all the usual production pipeline in place.

10. Dreamora

Dreamora

3) You will need to invest into Unity Flash addons (either basic or pro) for the staff and either decide to lose performance or likely pay Adobe 9% of your share for using Flash Premium to get Stage 3D at a usable performance (as removing memory op codes was mentioned to be devastating and falling back to software rendering makes the whole switch totally useless)

11. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

Yohami; yes it works. You need to set it from scripting on a Start().

12. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

1) There is an update coming.
    2) We have not set a final eta, we will report when we do.
    3) you are free to use the flash preview for whatever you like. Bear in mind that it's in preview, by no means finished and provided as is for now; carefully weigh risk of that status against any work you might do with it.

13. yohami

yohami

Thanks I´ll try