Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Flash exporter and Native client maturity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by toth3max, Feb 21, 2012.

1. toth3max

toth3max

Hi all,

For various reasons i'm looking at both the Flash exporter and Native Client to serve Unity created content in a web browser. I've found some bugs with both of these output methods and understand that the Flash exporter is still not final.

However I found more bugs while using the NaCl build of my project than the Flash version and was a dishearten by the fact that I thought that the NaCl stuff should be much more stable.

Now to my questions, how far off is the release of the final version of the Flash exporter? How much will NaCl improve over this time, alas which will reach a useable state first?

Thanks in advance!

2. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

As for the NaCl version: It is expected to work. Some features are not supported yet, as documented in http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/Manual/nacl-gettingstarted.html , but for anything else, we expect it to work. If it does not, we will do our best to fix it, but in order for that to happen, you need to file bug reports. As for the missing features, we expect to add those some time in the future, but a lot of them depend on Google to add support first.