Search Unity

Flash build errors

Discussion in 'Flash' started by Footers, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Footers

Footers

Hi,
    I'm testing out the flash exporter at the moment and have a few critical questions. I realise the flash build doesn't support lots of features but the errors I'm getting aren't very useful. I'm getting lots of errors stating 'Usage of a type or method not supported by Unity Flash' but doesn't list the file/script in question. Assert in file: at line: 0 and errorNum: 1

At the end of the all these errors I get a different type of error - Error building Player: Exception: Validation step FlashDotNetSPIValidation Failed! Error in file: at line: -1

How can I go about finding the relevant functions when all the errors don't list the concerning files?

Not being a coder myself I'm not trying to necessary fix all the errors but rather try to identify the workload to fix such issues and so I could do with a little more help identifying what components/extensions/scripts will cause us issues with a Flash build.

Our project uses the following extensions -
    • Ngui
    • Multi-platform toolkit
    • Flurry
    • Finger gestures
    • MiniJSON parser

I believe Flurry and a MiniJSON parser won't work with a flash build which is fine but I was hoping to identify others via the console but without listed files I don't know how to identify the scripts/functions that will cause issues on this particular project.

Thanks in advance.

2. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

The line and script indications will only work if you make development build.

3. jaegis07

jaegis07

I can confirm that NGUI and MiniJSON are working properly with Flash.
    Maybe something else.
    Try disable code stripping.

If you still have the original extension package, you can try by creating new project, create a test scene and try build each individual package. That way can identify which extension is having problem

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  4. Michael-Ryan

Michael-Ryan

Have you tried enabling the "Development Build" flag when exporting?

If it still generates the errors without location information (file/line), do any of the add-ons you're using consist of DLL files, or do they only use loose scripts (i.e., JS or CS files)?

5. RalphH

RalphH

Administrator

I'd expect at least Finger gestures to not work, and I'd suspect Multi-platform toolkit to have issues too. Probably good to start there.