Search Unity

Flash Animation Toolset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BlackMat, Nov 8, 2016.

1. tempranova

tempranova

Where do I increase the Max Atlas Size?

2. tempranova

tempranova

Never find, I found it! Thank you.

3. BlackMat

BlackMat

Thank you!

I'm afraid to do something with the experimental features of Unity. Maybe later, when it will be more stable. Hope for understanding. :-(

4. BlackMat

BlackMat

Anyway, please send me your animation. Maybe I can give some advice on how to fit the animation into a smaller atlas.

5. Sonicjoy

Sonicjoy

Is there any way to change the shader of imported clips to utilize Unity’s 2d lighting with Universal Render Pipeline? I'd like to have the imported clips affected by the 2D lights that Unity added last year. Is that possible?

6. BlackMat

BlackMat

At this moment no, you can't work with URP. But I want to work on it in near feature toolset updates.

7. Sonicjoy

Sonicjoy

That will be great! Thanks!

8. thehen2

thehen2

I'm interested in using this for a project and wondered if there's a way to reduce memory footprint of shape tweens, as we're heavily reliant on them. Our current workflow is to export shape tween sprite sheets at half the framerate, while other tweens are at full framerate and recreate in Unity. If we can do something similar with this, we'll migrate. Thanks!

9. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello!

I can only recommend writing your own JSFL script to rasterize shape tweens with your project-specific logic in the Animate and then use Flash Animation Toolset.

10. asteroidpilot

asteroidpilot

Hello,
    Flash Animation Toolset asset looks promising. I have noticed one main difference between Flash/Animate animation and how it plays in Unity. For example we have movie clip A of rotating object and another movie clip B which contains movie clip A tweened to move horizontally. In Unity if movie clip A animation is longer than movie clip B animation, then it is clipped. In Flash it continues to play and loop again. In other words nested movie clips animation position is synced to parents timeline position. Is there any way to avoid it?
    I have emailed example fla.

And any news about plans of adding ability to access/control nested animation timelines?

11. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello Andrius!

> In Flash it continues to play and loop again. In other words nested movie clips animation position is synced to parents timeline position. Is there any way to avoid it?

It happens because I bake all frames for an export clip. An export clip should contain as many frames as you want for your animation. In your example, you can just continue the main stage frame for it.

> And any news about plans of adding ability to access/control nested animation timelines?

I have some plans for nested clips and a separate export mode to support it but it is a big task and I have no time for this, the main job takes all my time now :-(

12. s-kumazawa

s-kumazawa

Code (CSharp):
    1. Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<GameObject>("animation.fla.mc.prefab").Completed += op => {
    2.       GameObject SwfClip = (GameObject)Instantiate(op.Result);
    3.     };
    GameObject is not displayed.
    How does it work with AddressableAssetsSystem?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  13. BlackMat

BlackMat

Thanks for the report. I'll check it!

Update:

I've just checked the Addressables and it works as well.
    Perhaps you forgot to build your assets? (Addressables Groups window > Build > New Build > Default Build Script)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  14. s-kumazawa

s-kumazawa

scs1.png I builded my assets.

scs2.png
    Doesn't include shader?
    It will be displayed when i reselect shader.

15. BlackMat

BlackMat

16. fmarkus

fmarkus

Hello!
    Is it possible to remove an element before an animation is playing? For example, removing the hat?
    Thanks for the hard work!

17. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello! Thank you :)

No, element removing is unsupported because all frame geometry is baked into one mesh.

18. nmuchetti

nmuchetti

i see in the example that the smuggler animation have more than one material, why is that? and how to reproduce it?

19. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello @nmuchetti! There are several materials because "smuggler" has mask-effects. Animations that have different blending modes also have a few materials.

20. nmuchetti

nmuchetti

thanks for the answer.

There is another question. Is there any way to merge more than one materials in one for mask layers in diferent symbols? Or, at least, a way to identify it, with a name, label, or something.

And other topic. In Unity 2020.3.27 or newest i cant see any flash related material in inspector, i cant edit properties like "Stencil ID" because the inspector dont show me the material properties, its empty.
    In Unity 2019.4.26 works fine.

21. Sprawl

Sprawl

Hi, is this still true? If so, is it still planned to support URP?
    What are the problems linked to URP right now? Is it something we can tweak locally?

Thank you :)

22. ClintSuttonIllustration

ClintSuttonIllustration

Hi Blackmat. Great app. Our team has been using it for a couple of days. We are having problems with the size of the final PNG spritesheet. I notice all animations get exported into a 2048x2048 px image. Some of our animations and characters are much bigger, and loose quality when compressed to fit this.

I know a previous poster talked about this, and you suggested to change "max atlas scale" . But this doesn't seem to make much difference to the way the spritesheet is generated.

Is it possible to edit the script to create a higher rez png image?

23. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello ClintSuttonIllustration! Yes, you can increase atlas size in .fla.asset settings. If nothing happens you can use "FlashExport_HD.jsfl" instead "FlashExport.jsfl" to try to export high resolution .swf. Also you can send me .fla source and I will figure out a problem

24. nmuchetti

nmuchetti

Hi again!
    is there a way to get the pixel color of a swfclip sprite with screen coordinates?

25. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello! No, the toolset doesn't control it, because it's none of its business :) My toolset just uses common mesh and mesh renderer with different materials.

26. BlackMat

BlackMat

rubin530 likes this.
  27. matzjj

matzjj

A Quick question on your awesome asset. some of my swfs have a movieclip(image) that gets changed to a different image depending on what is equipped. It is a weapon, and face. Is there a way to swap out that image? also how many concurrent animations can be ran at once?
    Thank you for such an awesome asset no matter what.

28. BlackMat

BlackMat

No, right now the toolset doesn't support any clip replacement, because all clips, geometry and materials are baked to monolith frames.

It depends on hardware and your animations. But it's very fast at runtime. Just test it on your target devices, it's free :)

Thank you :)

29. pahry182

pahry182

Hello, im running into trouble when executing FlashExport.jsfl run as command to convert .fla to .swf. Adobe Animate would just not responding, even for half of hour. Please, could you help me with this problem?

30. matzjj

matzjj

No problem I am swapping out the parts and a creating a file for just that, then doing a stacked animation all running the same scene. Thank you for such an awesome tool. I am using it to help recreate an old Facebook game. This tool makes it so we do not have to recreate the animations completely. It is a free fan recreation so being free makes this awesome.
    Thank you once again.

MAARedux Creating Agent - YouTube

This is a video the male is 5 stacked animations, the female 4.

31. matzjj

matzjj

I ran into this problem as well. A work around is to add this as the second line of the jsfl.
    fl.suppressAlerts=true;
    be sure to save ahead of time. You need to restart Animate to save in some instances after running the tool. I had about 100 files I could not convert until doing this.

32. webberyeh

webberyeh

Great work, but it doesn't seem to support light, is it possible to support it in the future?

33. Npicouet

Npicouet

Does this support UI Canvas (Specifically "Overlay")
    We work almost exclusively on "UI" projects and it would be awesome to get SWF animations to work without a mesh renderer. Thanks, awesome tool!

34. BlackMat

BlackMat

No, because this toolset doesn't support custom render pipelines. But theoretically, you can change built-in shaders for your custom pipeline with your custom lighting.

35. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello and thank you!

Unfortunately, unity canvas elements only support one material per element, which prevents me from doing a good rendering of flash animations on the UI. In our game, we used sub-canvases with manual sorting layers for it. It was a bit dirty but worked.

36. st0nergames

st0nergames

Are there prerequisites that need to be installed prior to importing the Flash Animation Toolset?

I'm using Unity 2022.3.0 & as soon as the import finishes into a fresh project with nothing in it but the 2D core requirements & I get these errors:

Assets\FlashTools\Scripts\Editor\FTEditor\SwfEditorUtils.cs(218,34): error CS0433: The type 'ZlibStream' exists in both 'Ionic.Zip.Unity, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c'

Assets\FlashTools\Scripts\Editor\FTEditor\SwfEditorUtils.cs(218,53): error CS0433: The type 'CompressionMode' exists in both 'Ionic.Zip.Unity, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c'

Assets\FlashTools\Scripts\Editor\FTEditor\SwfEditorUtils.cs(218,82): error CS0433: The type 'CompressionLevel' exists in both 'Ionic.Zip.Unity, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c'

Assets\FlashTools\Scripts\Editor\FTEditor\SwfEditorUtils.cs(235,36): error CS0433: The type 'ZlibStream' exists in both 'Ionic.Zip.Unity, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c'

Assets\FlashTools\Scripts\Editor\FTEditor\SwfEditorUtils.cs(235,54): error CS0433: The type 'CompressionMode' exists in both 'Ionic.Zip.Unity, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c'

Assets\FlashTools\Scripts\Editor\FTSwfTools\SwfStreamReader.cs(199,25): error CS0433: The type 'ZlibStream' exists in both 'Ionic.Zip.Unity, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c'

Assets\FlashTools\Scripts\Editor\FTSwfTools\SwfStreamReader.cs(199,44): error CS0433: The type 'CompressionMode' exists in both 'Ionic.Zip.Unity, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'Unity.VisualScripting.IonicZip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c'

37. st0nergames

st0nergames

I found my answer:
    https://github.com/Plattar/gltf-exporter/issues/10

38. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello! Yeah, just remove Assets/FlashTools/Plugins/Editor/Ionic.Zip.Unity.dll.

It happens because modern Unity versions use and include some zip library that I use and include too (as far as I remember in the visual scripting package).

39. rubin530

rubin530

Hi! First of all I want to thank you for making this because its pretty crazy to bring flash to unity, specially for some of us who are trying to revive old flash games in unity.

I had few questions related to playing animations properly. My current game is turn based and I had few questions about correct approach to play these animations.

I am trying to have a player attack the enemy, and when the enemy gets hit, they play their hit animation. This was difficult to do but I found out you have a coroutine system. I ended up splitting my player attack animation to attack, and attack continue. And I am waiting for player attack animation to the part they hit enemy to finish, then I emit an event to enemy to play their hit animation, and right away continue the rest of the player attack animation. This somewhat creates a smooth flow of complete player attack animation and allowing enemy to play their hit animation in between. But sometimes it creates a frame of randomly showing player/enemy somewhere else on the screen, probably due to emitting the enemy hit event in between the attack animations.

Is there a proper approach of doing this because this seems tedious needing to cut animations like this?

40. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hi! And thank you :)

I think there is no unique correct approach here. Every project should select your own way. My main goal is to provide an API to make it possible.

You can use events of clips and controllers to implement your custom logic. Also, you can get custom frame labels from animations to provide additional info from flash-animator-side to programmer-side (to emit particles on specific frame or check hit collisions, for example). You even can don't use my controller and change frames and sequences from something else. For example, you can make your own timeline controller based on something like DOTween's sequences, why not :)

By the way, yields constructions are just examples how user can use controller's events. Consider them as just bonus examples, nothing more because Unity's coroutines can have huge performance costs.

41. btarg1

btarg1

Hello, I'm interested in possibly using Animate for UI in unity, including dynamic lists and buttons.
    Would this be possible with your toolset? If not where should I look to?
    Thanks

42. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello! No, my toolset doesn't support any interactive behaviors and action script, just linear movie-clip animations are supported. You can check out libraries like gameswf and scaleform, but nowadays, these are already dead and unsupported.