Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Flash Animation Toolset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BlackMat, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Liklain

Liklain

@blackmat Hi, How can mask be implemented or used for animations in the unity scene?
    I looked into already implemented solution, like Alpha Mask, but that asset seems to replace shaders for mask effect.
    Is there a way to implement it painlessly?

2. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello Liklain!
    Yes, flash-animations uses custom shaders and can't be used with Alpha Mask and other solutions for masking. If it posible you can make mask inside flash-animation. Or use render to texture and use mask for result texture, but it performance expensive and hard way.

I'll thinking about this feature for next version.

3. danbrani

danbrani

How would I go about swapping sprites at runtime, so my character can use differently looking weapons without really making a separate animation?

4. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello danbrani!
    Unfortunately in this moment you have not access to internal clips in animation for swapping sprites at runtime.

5. JohnnyDang3r

JohnnyDang3r

Hi! I'm porting a PC game to Xbox One. Flash Animation Toolset works flawlessly on PC but I was finally able to test the game for the first time today on the devkit and every flash animation is invisible. Any idea?

6. BlackMat

BlackMat

You can try to use unity frame debugger for understand what happens for example. Also try examples from the Toolset please.

7. JohnnyDang3r

JohnnyDang3r

Just tried with new project only with FAT and a prefab of purple_apparition.fla.purpleFlower in the middle of the screen. Works just fine playing from the editor, but running on the xbox one it's not there and I get the message this in the console:
    XboxOnePlayer(192.168.1.108):4601</i> NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
    at FTRuntime.SwfManager.LateUpdateControllers (Single scaled_dt, Single unscaled_dt) [0x0000d] in Z:\GraveDangerGames\Soulless\branches\TestFAT\Assets\FlashTools\Scripts\FTRuntime\SwfManager.cs:271
    at FTRuntime.SwfManager.LateUpdate () [0x0003b] in Z:\GraveDangerGames\Soulless\branches\TestFAT\Assets\FlashTools\Scripts\FTRuntime\SwfManager.cs:307

The frame debug shows the meshes with no material on them. Could it be a shader problem?

Unfortunately I only have a couple weeks to deliver this project. Are you aware of anyone using your tool that successfully published to console? If Xbox is not supported I'll have to redo the animations with Anima2D and kindly ask for a refund please.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  8. NickBVG

NickBVG

Hey I downloaded and tried you product but it doesn't seem to work. I was trying to export a animated tile for a slot machine I am porting. The tool processes and exports the SWF but when I try to drag it into unity I get an error.

[FlashTools]</b> Postprocess swf asset error: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Texture2D.EncodeToPNG'.
    Path: Assets/test/butterflytiletest.fla 1.asset
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat(Object, String, Object[])
    FTEditor.Postprocessors.SwfAssetPostprocessor:SwfAssetProcess(SwfAsset)
    FTEditor.Postprocessors.<OnPostprocessAllAssets>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallDelayFunctions()

I am using Animate CC 18.0.2 and Unity 2018.2.13

9. BlackMat

BlackMat

Thank you for bug report!
    Unity broke backward compatibility..again. link
    I'll fix it as soon as possible.

10. Myung-Keun-Choi

Myung-Keun-Choi

Ver.2018 Error - I select swf prefabs and unity code Edit and Compile or Scene Move. and The following errors A PreviewRenderUtility was not clean up properly before assembly reloading which lead to leaking this scene in the Editor. This can be caused by not calling Cleanup() during the OnDisable of an Editor or an EditorWindow. UnityEditor.PreviewRenderUtility:Finalize()

11. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello. Thank you. I'll check it!

12. BlackMat

BlackMat

@NickBVG
    @Myung-Keun-Choi

Fixes submitted to asset store. Please wait few day to asset store preview process.

Fixed in 1.3.13.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  13. NitromeSteed

NitromeSteed

Hi,

We have simple animations, but they have a few nested loops. This is because we're showing a title card that animates appearing and then stops. But elements on the card continue looping - like a sparkling mirror ball or a flashing console for example.

I've tried the trial version of FAT from the asset store and none of our animations work with it. The tool does not recognise "stop();" or "gotoAndPlay(scene);" on a clip's timeline. The result is that all of the animations end up broken with some parts looping when they shouldn't and others coming to a halt. Then we only have the choice of looping the entire animation or freezing on the last frame with none of our loops working.

Is there some kind of setting we've missed that can produce the result we're looking for? We're porting an Adobe AIR project that is already on sale, so we're not able to just scrap all of these animations or change how they work.

14. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello @NitromeSteed!

Unfortunately action scripts in frames is unsupported.

15. Cookierun

Cookierun

16. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello @Cookierun!

It's partially supported. But the main problem with this tool that it's shape-tweens in a compiled flash file. This means that all warped objects will be presented as a frame sequence. I've attached example atlases in the post.

In other words, I don't recommend using the warp tool and shape-tweens to avoid huge memory usage. Other types of tweens (classic tween and motion tween) work good of course, only shape-tween causes these problems.

Inchworm_Tree.fla._Atlas_.png Praying_Mantis.fla._Atlas_.png

Attached Files:

17. Shamini

Shamini

Hey,
    So we downloaded the free version of your asset and it works well so far, however I have 2 questions about the same.
    1) Some scripts were inside a dll file that we could not access in the free version. Namely: FTRuntime.dll which contained SwfClip, SwfAsset etc. Will these scripts be unlocked in the full version?

2) Is there any direct dependency between the asset and the imported animations? For example if unity were to update in the future and the asset becomes out-dated, would previous animations made via the asset still work?

Thanks

18. jarjinlee

jarjinlee

@blackmat Hi,
    I purchased plug-in yesterday. It seems that there is a problem. The special effects of role knife light seem to be a problem. What attention should I pay to when making it?

19. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello @Shamini! All source code is included to full version.

If you update Unity or Flash Toolset, all clips will be reconverted automatically from their .swf files. Or in manual mode with help "Tools/FlashTools/Reimport all swf files" menu.

20. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hi @jarjinlee! Send me please the animation with this problem to the support email (blackmatov@gmail.com). I'll look at what is wrong.

21. BlackMat

BlackMat

22. Gohloum

Gohloum

Hi,

I have downloaded and tested the free version. Is there support for nested movieclip access?

Example: I have a character_mc movieclip. Inside this clip I have an eyeglasses_mc movieclip. That clip has an empty first from (no glasses) and then 3 more frames with different eyeglass types on each frame. Is it possible to gain access to the eyeglass movieclip? I am assuming any clip I want to access should be set to export for actionscript.

Ideally, some sort of dot notation would be great to be able to drill down to nested movieclips:
    Pseudo code below:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. // Pseudo code example
    3. // mySwfClip is character movieclip with nested eyeglasses clip
    5. // Set the eyeglasses to Ray Bans anchor frame.
    6. mySwfClipController.clip.eyeglasses.Play("RayBan Glasses");
    8. // -- Or even if it had to be done GetComponent style
    10. SwfClips[] = mySwfClipController.clip.GetComponentsInChildren<SwfClip>();
    12. foreach (SwfClip clip in SwfClips)
    13. {
    14.     if (clip.name == "eyeglasses")
    15.     {
    16.         // Found the clip we are looking for so do something here
    17.     }
    18. }
    If you don't have that feature yet, I'd like to request it. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  23. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello @Gohloum!

Unfortunately, this feature is not currently supported. I have a few requests for this, and I want to have it too. Also, I have some plans to nested clips, but I can't say for sure when I'll implement it.

24. BlackMat

BlackMat

25. Gohloum

Gohloum

Can you explain how to do this? One of the reasons I purchased this plugin was specifically to use it in the UI components.

26. BlackMat

BlackMat

In our game we use subcanvases with custom sorting layers as if we want to render a regular engine model. It's not convenient but works.

27. ArnoldRauers_Tinytouchtales

ArnoldRauers_Tinytouchtales

Tried to use your Tool today again. No nested clips is such a show stopper for Flash Animations. Really sad that it's still unsupported, since the rest of it works so good.

28. Esti

Esti

Edit FIXED!

Our artist fixed it. It was a color adjust effect in flash that did this.

Hi, I tested the trial version and for some reason my texture loses a lot of color saturation. Compare the images. Do you think this is fixable? I would like to buy the asset.
    bonsai_anim.fla._Atlas_.png bonsai_anim0001.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  29. BlackMat

BlackMat

Can you send me the .fla file? I will look at this in more detail.

30. jason_yak

jason_yak

Hey Blackmat, we've been using your tool for quite some time now, we think it's awesome... we just think we may have a realllly unusual problem with it. For a couple of days we've had this really bad 'hang' happen every single time we stopped our project running it would lock up, the console would show all of the endless hasing asset calls for minutes at time and then eventually crash. We ended trying to delete the Library folder so it would reimport everything fresh and we discovered that it was complaining about all of these material / shader errors coming from flash tools. All of this only started after we updated from Unity 2019.1.8 to 2019.2.2, we tried 2019.2.3, but same problem. Also note that this project uses LWRP 6.9.1 and ShaderGraph 6.9.1. We have another project that doesn't use LWRP or SG, it's the main legacy diffuse renderer, but the project uses FlashTools and is using 2019.2.3 but doesn't have the issue. So I'm wondering if there's a really strange compatibility issue. Here's a screengrab of the errors it reports once when opening the project or after clearing the Library folder. So the lockups might be hard to replicate, not sure. But we only had minimal use of FlashTools in the project. Let us know if you need any more info:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/na1rq87llfoyei2/Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 2.34.41 am.png?dl=0

31. Plumpman

Plumpman

Hello! Your tool is fantastic so far!
    Is there a way to ignore main stage completely when importing into Unity?

We only want to import Library objects set to "Export as Actionscript".

32. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello and thank you) In this moment only "Export as AS" and Stage.

33. Narehop

Narehop

Hi blackmat. How I can to set normalmaps or unlit lights on the resultant mesh?
    I need to use lights in my game but it doesn't work on your plugin

34. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello @Narehop ! I think it's impossible without source changes at this moment. I have this feature on my TODO list, but I don't know when I get time for it.

35. linguangya

linguangya

Hi blackmat,is there a way to change the default extension of files in unity, like ._Atlas. .wal.,my load assets plugin was only allow one dot at one path。I wanna change it to _Atlas_ _wal_,thanks.

36. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello @linguangya!

You can only do this with source code changes. Find by `Path.ChangeExtension` in SwfAssetPostprocessor.cs and SwfPostprocessor.cs.

37. AnnaSmirnova

AnnaSmirnova

Hi, I have a question about using the toolset. In the video tutorial with crocodile there are a lot of symbols in library.
    Then when you import fla in unity you have 5 files. But when I import I have 5 files+ files of all symbols I had in adobe animate. This is a mess. How and where should I organise it to have 5 clean files in unity? fgvsf.PNG

38. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello Anna!

Did you uncheck these clips for export? ("Export for ActionScript" in clip properties) If yes can you send me this animation source to the support email for debugging?

AnnaSmirnova likes this.
  39. fomin99

fomin99

Hi.
    can use AssetBundle?
    at Full version.

converted SwfClipAsset => Create Prefab => this prefab build to assetBundle.
    i tried.....loaded assetBundle looks correct prefab, but only texture is none ( magenta color tex) XD
    not supported AssetBundle?

40. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello @fomin99!

Asset bundles are fully supported (we use it in a few projects).

Make sure that prefab has a correct link to clip asset and clip asset has a correct link to texture atlas.
    All those assets should be added to the asset bundle automatically.
    Also, you can check it with the AssetBundles-Browser. Example:

Screenshot 2020-05-15 at 20.37.59.png

41. Sonicjoy

Sonicjoy

Hi, this asset is brilliant! I'm having trouble getting the labels in my .fla to come through as a "Sequence" in the Swf Clip pane once I export and then "Add Instance To Scene" inside of Unity. The only sequence that's available is "Default". Is there any special naming I should be using for my label layer inside of Adobe Animate so it will generate the Sequences properly?

42. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hi! Thank you!

You should use anchor frame labels to separate timeline to different named sequences.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 15.32.05.png

43. Sonicjoy

Sonicjoy

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I now realize that you have this stated in the documentation but I must have missed it. Sorry for that. It works beautifully now!

44. BlackMat

BlackMat

Don't worry about that. I'm always happy to help :)

45. languametrics

languametrics

Hello. When do you plan to build the new release version? Thanks.

46. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello! What kind of missing features would you like to have?

47. languametrics

languametrics

Hello! All functions are enough. Works great. Perhaps there will be some limitations in new versions of unity3D. This prefab is very needed.

48. tempranova

tempranova

Hello, I've been using this plugin for a couple months on a game we're working on. It's been working great, but suddenly new imports started having pixelation. The pixelation is occurring in strange places, like only on specific items in the animation. If I open up the SWF asset directly using a Flash viewer, it looks great and there is no pixelation at all.

Any ideas? I tried using the _HD exporter and there was no change. I saw a reference to changing the size of the bitmap in this forum, but I'm not sure where I can do that in the code?

I am happy to provide the flash animation file if you think that would help. Thanks.

49. Sonicjoy

Sonicjoy

I really love the ease of use of this asset! Animating in Adobe Animate is much easier for me than Unity. Is there any way to change the shader of imported clips to utilize Unity’s 2d lighting with Universal Render Pipeline?

50. BlackMat

BlackMat

Hello and thanks for using my toolset :)

This usually happens when the animation contains too many graphics that cannot fit into the texture atlas. You can increase the "Max Atlas Size" or use fewer graphics. And, of course, if you send me (blackmatov@gmail.com) this animation, I will answer in more detail.