Search Unity

Flash 11 Beta is out!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by milkytreat, Jul 14, 2011.

1. milkytreat

milkytreat

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

won't happen in 2011 anymore by that speed cause the targeting will likely not go beyond proof of concept as long as Molehill is in beta.

also don't hope for too much, keep in mind, molehill has no 2D api, so its not like you could magically use flash for UI or alike

3. zine92

zine92

I would rather Unity uses scaleform. But that aside the main thing i think is nice bout this release is 64 bit support. Finally 64 and 32 bit releases. Previously 64 bit browsers have to use the square release which is buggier.

4. milkytreat

milkytreat

Molehill isn't about the use of vector graphics, it is an abstraction layer over Direct3D and OpenGL (depending on the platform), so your entire Unity game would be running IN flash, not slapping flash over the top. Molehill api calls will be translated into Direct3D or OpenGL calls or failing hardware acceleration, fall back to software rendering. Your code converted to AVM2.

It would allow the flash player be a viable alternative to the unity web player.

I think alot of people don't appreciate how freaking cool this will be - understandably so, because of their preconceived ideas of what Flash is and how it has previously related to 3d games.