Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Flappy Bird Pro KIt [Release]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by programmrzinc, Feb 11, 2014.

?

What Price should I sell the FBPKit for?

Poll closed May 22, 2014.
  1. $5

13.5%
  2. $10

5.3%
  3. $15

2.9%
  4. $20

0.6%
  5. $25

2.9%
  6. Free?

74.9%
  1. wmgcata

wmgcata

Give this guy a break, please. Even if this is stolen, why does it bother you so much, can't you mind your own business? You haven't bought his kit, right? Don't even bother replying to this since I don't want to get involved and I won't reply again. Now lets end this pointless conversation here and keep this man's thread nice and clean. ( Even though it looks like it's too late already. )

Have a good day

2. StarHunter32

StarHunter32

3. choussamaster

choussamaster

Hello i bought the 15$ version i'm satisfied the code is clear but it lag in same device (android) how can I optimize this?

4. VIPMY

VIPMY

Yeah thats right, leave the guy alone, he built the project from A to Z !

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  5. VIPMY

VIPMY

leave the guy alone, he built the project from A to Z, and according to your philosophy Google+ is a copy of Facebook, Call of duty is a copy of Medal of Honor, etc.. the only thing I think it must be changed before puting it into Play store is the name, it muse be different from "Flappy Bird", I think I'll buy this kit and change the textures and name then put it on Play store :)

6. rickcollette

rickcollette

Flappy Clone aside; I popped over to the authors website for a look-see, and seriously, this is a young kid doing this whole thing? He (or she), figured out Photon Cloud, has games connecting over networking, built the physics around them, and has built a backend service that does a neat little leaderboard - a way more advanced than just top scores leaderboard I might add, and all you can do is point to the clone and treat him (or her) like poo over it?

I also looked at some of the games the complainers have built.. and really guys, you have zero place to say squat to this kid. I am an old guy, I live in the heart of technology, and have worked with some of the best and brightest - you should all be ashamed of yourselves - or at least go talk to someone about why you are so hateful to this kid. Really.. you have something wrong with you. Praise him for his skills at this age, his mind for figuring out how to do this, and his testicular fortitude for presenting it to the general public knowing full well some people would go all Phil Fish on him. Or her.

7. TheRaider

TheRaider

For the record so nobody is confused. I have zero problem with him using the same mechanic and selling it. I have zero problem with him reskinning and selling it. I have a problem with him using the exact same artwork as the game. That is the only thing I have a problem with nothing else. It gives developers a bad name to use stolen assets.

I think all the people making clones is great to a point. I have even made one, although I am not jumping on the release bandwagon yet since I can't see why you would play mine over the original.

8. VIPMY

VIPMY

Hey, big size out there on your "Cosmic Balance" file o_O, try to compress the textures !

9. Shigidy

Shigidy

I Will be adding Google + integration, and Ad integration in the coming week for 25 dollars
    does this mean that people who have already purchased your kit get this functionality for free?

I'm wondering about this too.

10. frostyshield

frostyshield

You cry about him stealing the stuff from flappy birds yet you dont cry about the blatant copyright infringement to the mario makers do you? IF your not gonna cry about the whole thing then dont cry at all, its not his fault flappy birds stole stuff and yet when this guy steals stuff he gets all the flak come on guys get some brains in those heads.

Flappy birds stole stuff from mario then this guy stole stuff from flappy birds I call it a win/win situation here so before you cry about the guy stealing stuff from flappy birds think flappy birds stole stuff from mario its a carnival ride stop crying.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  11. Tapgames

Tapgames

True!, it's just a starter kit that looks like flappy bird. Developers who bought this and change nothing and publish right away are really the lowest of all. You should change everything to your own style.

I've seen a lot of developers who change nothing to a starter kit on the asset store and publish the starter kit to the App Store. I think that's even more sad.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  12. BeginnerGuy

BeginnerGuy

I purchased this. I will leave some review after I play around with it. Currently exporting to Android to test how it runs. It is a 7.8mb apk file.

13. Shigidy

Shigidy

I didn't get the promotional e-mail- shigiy1@gmail.com
    Ready to buy...
    How much is multiplayer going to be?

Edit: Also why did you change the art???

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  14. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

I changed the art because of the forum users. I did not want my site to be taken down. You can still use assets from the skinned version, if you have it. We have not set a price for the Bluetooth multiplayer at this time.

15. StevenMCH

StevenMCH

Did you get to add pooling in the end for the obstacles? Like yourself, I find instantiating and destroying them a very consuming task. It lags on Galaxy S3 too. I attempted a way to keep moving and repositioning 4 prefabs on screen, it worked to a certain extent, but I didn't notice any significant improvement.

See my code in this other thread here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/228271-Flappy-bird-like-obstacle-spawn?p=1525811&viewfull=1#post1525811

16. Entity3Limited

Entity3Limited

I have purchase and will update you all

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  17. Entity3Limited

Entity3Limited

Few teething issue at first. But the guy kindly remoted into my system and showed me what the issue was and how to use it. Top service. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  18. Psudoz

Psudoz

I agree. You cant have a make a game button and expect it to be original and good.

19. krunal202

krunal202

I have purchased this service but its worst

-Don't buy this code its useless.
    -There is no documentation.
    -Big APK file for simple and small game.
    -Don't waste your money for this worst code/service

I have open dispute in paypal but owner is not giving refund.

Friends if you want Use this Open source code/servcie by codekalua

http://kalua66.com/HappyBirdHat/

20. swenson5559

swenson5559

Hey now, calm down. Maybe this guy went a little too far with the art work, but it's a simple mechanic that he's selling. What's all the fuss about?

21. sathya

sathya

22. Deleted User

Deleted User

Flappy Bird never stole anything from Nintendo. The creator admitted that the games graphics were inspired by the retro look of the Mario games and more importantly Nintendo released a statement saying that there was no problem with Flappy Bird regarding art assets. This kid on the other hand, from what I can gather, was selling stolen art assets from Flappy Bird.

More importantly before you go and insult people by saying "get some brains in those heads" why not actually research some stuff instead of going off of pure bias. Maybe you're the one who needs to get a brain.

23. rosdi

rosdi

24. deiong

deiong

why people are so quick to defend the guy who wrote flappy birds then hate on someone who makes a copy of flappy birds is beyond me. they both did the same exact thing. the extracted art from smb rom and extracted art from iOS flappy birds are exact matches he did a poor job of increasing the resolution of the art and not changing it any. there exact matches.

25. programmrzinc

programmrzinc