Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Flappy Bird Pro KIt [Release]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by programmrzinc, Feb 11, 2014.

?

What Price should I sell the FBPKit for?

Poll closed May 22, 2014.
  1. $5

13.5%
  2. $10

5.3%
  3. $15

2.9%
  4. $20

0.6%
  5. $25

2.9%
  6. Free?

74.9%
  1. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

I have added Google play Game Services for $30

First of all, I know that there are many Flappy Bird clones out there, but my version is different. It mimics Flappy bird in many ways, and adds many features to the game. It is compatible with Web, Android Iphone, Blackberry Windows Phone Windows Store,Flash and Desktop. Thanks.

This game does not infringe on the intellectual property of the .GEARS studio.

It is imperative that the graphics are changed in both the Skinned and Google integrated versions.

Multiplayer will be with Bluetooth or a 3rd party service, like Photon.
    GPGS is complete. Cloud Save not done

To buy the asset from me, go to my website, https://nitrolabstudios.wordpress.com/portfolio/flappy-bird-kit/

Google Play Games Services Integration

Unskinned

Skinned

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Xitech_

Xitech_

Honestly I dont think anyone would pay for it. The simplicity is what flappybird makes flappybird, add too much content and its not fun anymore.

3. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

I wont add many complex features, just small stuff like different birds, and power ups.

4. GMM

GMM

I highly doubt many people will pay much for a Flappy Bird kit, also the visuals seem like they are completely copied off Flappy Bird.

5. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

Thanks for the advice. Ill change the price accordingly ( around 5-10 dollars). the gfx were made by my little brother.

6. Misanthropic2013

Misanthropic2013

The kit looks good! I'm just curious if the code is in C# or Javascript? It would be helpful to see a video of it in action, but I'm excited for this. :D

7. TheRaider

TheRaider

We the current visuals this should be rejected from the store as you have stolen art.

Seems most popular price by far is free like the game!

8. ZeoWorks

ZeoWorks

I would pay around $5-10. :) Yes there are a lot of clones out there but its always nice to have.. You could say the same with fps kits after all.
    ~Sean

9. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

Lol, my brother is good at pixel art. I havent copied, per se, but I understand what you are saying.

10. Psudoz

Psudoz

So, you're basically ripping off someone else's fame to try and make money?

Terrible.

11. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

Actually, this is a kit, it is for others to use. and so youre saying, every FPS kit or Racing Kit is ripping off Battlefield, Call of Duty, CounterStrike, Need for speed, Forza, and others? Not likley. Thanks though.

12. iOSecure

iOSecure

I was unable to find FBP Kit on the asset store, is it up? thanks

13. IJM

IJM

No offense, but the person who needs something simple as this should give up game development.

14. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

It is not up yet, it is currently pending Asset store verification, thanks for the support.

15. TheRaider

TheRaider

No his not good at pixel art. He is good at stealing. If it isn't identical it is a few pixels different. It is a total copy. If you don't realise this is stealing you are joke.

This isn't reskinning with similar mechanics(which is fine), this an attempt to steal from the creator. If this gets approved I will complain to unity.

16. Nevak

Nevak

Maybe you are aware but your demo has a major flaw: Just spam the hell out of left mouse button to fly over all the obstacles.

I know it is only a simple demo but I lol'd

17. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

lmao thanks for the advice, Ill clean that up in the next update,

18. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

This has been a major concern with other users, and with me. I will go ahead with your advice and have the reskinned version of the kit on the unity asset store as soon as possible. I actually really appreciate your feedback. Im a young teen, and never thought that this could be such a legality. Thanks a million.

19. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

20. TheRaider

TheRaider

That is such a dodgy site. Nobody should buy from there. There is no place to report the copyright infringements. I can't believe you are selling even though you know you have stolen.

21. Shigidy

Shigidy

What do you mean stolen? I was ready to buy until I read that.

If it's not stolen, I would like there to be leader boards, to see who is the best. Also it seems like the ground isn't moving.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  22. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

The game is being updated, both the webplayer and apk should reflect this in the next 10 minutes. Again, thanks. Also, that is my site, and it already has the updated unitypackage. i am currently changing screenshots, to relfect your advice. You have been a help, as i would not know how to cope with a lawsiut, being a 16 year old. I thank this community.

23. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

It is currently being updated. $Promo.png Check the webplayer.

24. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

In the app store there are tons of clones of the game so why not. Is the art included or not?

Wait what happened to the art.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  25. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

The art had to go, since other forum users said they were stolen. I can give you the theme, and you can add them yourself, as I do not want a hand in the legalities.

26. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

It doesnt look the same to me. One of the pipes are gradient the other is not.

Attached Files:

27. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

I understand. We can work something out if you would like to purchase.

28. iOSecure

iOSecure

well to be fair the paypal portal is secured and you dont really need a huge website for 2 downloads... Currently there are 4 copies similar to flappy bird on the app store top 10. So I don't see a real issue with him trying to release a kit as many devs are making money off this app, we could easily re-use some of the code for other projects.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  29. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

Yes, it is. Please, go to the website.

30. TheRaider

TheRaider

He lifted or copied art assets directly from the game.

That is because you are looking at the non-updated version of flappy bird.

see... They are as close to exactly the same as I can tell. Both those shots are from the actual game.

31. TheRaider

TheRaider

I have no issue with a clone or kit. I think it is great to see people interested in it.

I do have a problem with the art assets being directly lifted. It appears he has realised what he has done and removed them.

32. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

I have updated all the assets, You should check before you continue pointing fingers at people who have heard and acted on your advice.

33. TheRaider

TheRaider

Read what I wrote. I said you had removed them.

34. TheRaider

TheRaider

I spoke wrong. I checked your site, you are still selling the stolen assets...

I seriously don't know what is wrong with you. Stealing is wrong! Do you not understand that?

35. ThorvaldtM

ThorvaldtM

36. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

Buy the asset, and then decide if I was using stolen assets. You are basing this off an old video. I will change it.

37. ZeoWorks

ZeoWorks

Do you have Skype? I'd wish to buy it because I don't have time doing the mechanics myself since I'm working on building an engine. :)

38. carlosunseri

carlosunseri

Once the payment goes through how long until we receive a download link?

39. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

My skype is nitrolabgames

40. ZeoWorks

ZeoWorks

I have sent you a friend request. :)

41. GMM

GMM

You can't expect him to give you money in order to decide if you are using stolen assets when you publicly advertise it in your video by using them. It's really bad practice to use content from other people without any explicit agreement, so don't sell the skinned version if it indeed appears like in the video.

I would also advertise people to refrain from supporting such behavior by buying this package.

42. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

Please, look closley at the video! it is not stolen assets. Please, just look. I am being accused of doing something that is not occuring. All of the assets have been changed as of yesterday. Please, do not bad mouth my business if you are uncertian of the actions you are framing me for,

43. TheRaider

TheRaider

Even if you changed one or 2 pixels, that is sufficient to not be stealing.

They are practically identical, any reasonable person would said they are stolen. Even if you made the duplication by hand, still stealing.

44. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

It is not stealing> i created the assets myself. I do not understand why youre picking on me. Just because im not an adult, you want to scare me away from Unity? Please. And Ive looked at your stuff, Cosmic Balance is a name of a game made in 1982, and the LightBox follows the same game mechanics of Rubix, which is heavily copyrighted. So please, dont shoot me down when I have done nothing wrong.

45. programmrzinc

programmrzinc

Thinkspace AR is even themed for Minecraft, ring any bells?

46. TheRaider

TheRaider

If you can show me Cosmic Balance has a current trademark I will be happy to change the name.

On the the light box, it is nothing like a rubix cube. Do you even know what a rubix cube is, or are you just saying it because the puzzle is shaped like a cube without actually trying?

Obviously the museum not me handle the legals on that. However it falls with fair use and is free (no revenue made from it at all) and is designed to display the work of young kids from Thinkspace Minecraft classes. To think they haven't handled that properly is a mistake from you.

If you copy Mario and change a few pixels, that doesn't mean mario is now your work. It still belongs to Nintendo. You are still using them to try and leverage sales even if they are not in the kit (which is fraud because you are making people believe they are included). I am not the only person who can see they are.

I have no problem with you making a flappy birds kit, the problem I have is you using his artwork instead of your own. Remember copying it identically to make it look the same is the same thing as actually taking the image yourself.

47. TheRaider

TheRaider

48. serious

serious

If you just sold the unskinned version then people wouldn't complain about it anymore.

Now for a small review of the kit:

It's a decent kit and it has all of the functionality of Flappy Bird. I was a little bummed when I found out the code wasn't commented as it's such an easy kit to assemble. There's also an issue with the text he has placed on the screen found under MainMenu and PlayGame in the hierarchy. if you remove the text areas which are labelled "cpyrhgt" and ",gears" the scene will not wipe away menu elements when playing/reloading.

As far as mobile goes (I can only review iOS): the pipes become very close together, horizontally, when building for mobile. it's also not very smooth, framerate-wise, when running on my iPhone 5.

does this mean that people who have already purchased your kit get this functionality for free?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  49. rebelholic

rebelholic

Flappy Bird Source Code is free based on this post

Also its very irrelevant if you sell your source code because rip-off version, Please don't buy it

50. serious

serious

I'm definitely new to pooling. my other projects didn't experience any inconvenient lag but this one definitely does on mobile (first time making an app for iOS). do you know how to add simple pooling to this scene? do i have to remove the bar spawn/delete script and just use pooling? i'm just trying to wrap my head around it lol.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014