Search Unity

Flame Particles Always Shrink?!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AdamEarlston, Jun 15, 2019.

1. AdamEarlston

AdamEarlston

Edit Again o.o: So I'm guessing that I wasn't using the prefabs correctly and made a mistake somewhere. It's working now that i am using a prefab within a prefab.
    No idea why, but my Flame Particle objects always shrink down to 0.125 in scale, when i set them to what i want (0.5 or 0.2). I just placed like 10 of em, put them to different scale sizes, then pressed Play, and they all reset back to 0.125 again. I even tried making an original prefab and setting the prefab to 0.5, but it gets ignored also. Oh and if i open the prefab of the item in game, it says 0.5, but outside of the prefab it is 0.125 o.o
    Anybody know why this keeps on happening?
    Edit: I can't seem to replicate the issue now, but I've had this issue for a while now, whenever i switch back to the scene later on, there's a chance the flame particles switch size.
    upload_2019-6-15_18-31-3.png

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. Lethn

Lethn

Have you checked the minimum and maximum scale of the particles within the renderer tab? Try fiddling with that instead of messing with the localscale of the object and tell me if that works and the options stick. If you've got particles as a child of a gameobject sometimes the particles behave a bit weirdly.

3. AdamEarlston

AdamEarlston

I'm past that issue now, thanks though. I believe I was using the same prefab for all the flames, then they would all reset back to the parent prefab default maybe, because their position was moving backwards slightly also.
    After I made new prefabs it worked, added all sorts of special effects to my scenes now without issues :D

4. Lethn

Lethn

Ahh yes, that's something that does happen, for future reference, use right click and unpack prefab completely if you have trouble with prefabs duplicating settings everywhere. I had frequent trouble with this when I was getting used to Unity's new prefab system.

You can then re-name it and put it into the assets as a new prefab once you're done like in the old prefab system.