Search Unity

Third Party FizzySteamworks/Mirror : Connection was closed by peer, Timed out attempting to negotiate rendezvous

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by pordrack, Nov 17, 2021.

1. pordrack

pordrack

I am building an online multiplayer game using Unity. I use the "Mirror" Library. After some time developing with the "Telepathy" transporter in local (opening two instances on my computer) I decide to move on to Steam multiplayer, using SteamWorks.NET the "FizzySteamWorks" library as a transporter. On the 25th of October, it worked. After this success, I continued adding feature etc. while not testing as I always needed a live cobaye for Steam Multiplayer. I finally test it again, I get this error
    "Connection was closed by peer, Timed out attempting to negotiate rendezvous"
    on my client while trying to connect to the host. I try to fix it, doesn't work. I go back to my commit of the 25th, I get the same error. The error comes from file of the FizzySteamworks library, which I copy-pasted in the file system, so there's no way it updated without me knowing. I do not understand how the same code can go from working to not working in a week, maybe it comes from Steam ? Or from a file ignored by git ? Here is the content of my .git ignore :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. #
    2. # Get latest from https://github.com/github/gitignore/blob/master/Unity.gitignore
    3. #
    4. /[Ll]ibrary/
    5. /[Tt]emp/
    6. /[Oo]bj/
    7. /[Bb]uild/
    8. /[Bb]uilds/
    9. /[Ll]ogs/
    10. /[Mm]emoryCaptures/
    12. # Asset meta data should only be ignored when the corresponding asset is also ignored
    13. !/[Aa]ssets/**/*.meta
    15. # Uncomment this line if you wish to ignore the asset store tools plugin
    16. # /[Aa]ssets/AssetStoreTools*
    18. # Autogenerated Jetbrains Rider plugin
    19. [Aa]ssets/Plugins/Editor/JetBrains*
    21. # Visual Studio cache directory
    22. .vs/
    24. # Gradle cache directory
    25. .gradle/
    27. # Autogenerated VS/MD/Consulo solution and project files
    28. ExportedObj/
    29. .consulo/
    30. *.csproj
    31. *.unityproj
    32. *.sln
    33. *.suo
    34. *.tmp
    35. *.user
    36. *.userprefs
    37. *.pidb
    38. *.booproj
    39. *.svd
    40. *.pdb
    41. *.mdb
    42. *.opendb
    43. *.VC.db
    45. # Unity3D generated meta files
    46. *.pidb.meta
    47. *.pdb.meta
    48. *.mdb.meta
    50. # Unity3D generated file on crash reports
    51. sysinfo.txt
    53. # Builds
    54. *.apk
    55. *.unitypackage
    57. # Crashlytics generated file
    58. crashlytics-build.properties
    Here are screens from my client console when it tries to connect :

The most important returns are, I guess, the message which says
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Connection was closed by peer, Timed out attempting to negotiate rendezvous
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:Log (object)
    3. Mirror.FizzySteam.NextClient:OnConnectionStatusChanged (Steamworks.SteamNetConnectionStatusChangedCallback_t) (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/NextClient.cs:137)
    4. Steamworks.Callback`1<Steamworks.SteamNetConnectionStatusChangedCallback_t>:OnRunCallback (intptr) (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/Dependencies/Runtime/CallbackDispatcher.cs:291)
    5. Steamworks.CallbackDispatcher:RunFrame (bool) (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/Dependencies/Runtime/CallbackDispatcher.cs:191)
    6. Steamworks.SteamAPI:RunCallbacks () (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/Dependencies/Runtime/Steam.cs:112)
    7. SteamManager:Update () (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/Scripts/Steamworks.NET/SteamManager.cs:169)
    followed by the error which says :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. The connection attempt was cancelled.
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    3. Mirror.FizzySteam.NextClient/<Connect>d__26:MoveNext () (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/NextClient.cs:80)
    4. System.Threading.CancellationTokenSource:Cancel ()
    5. Mirror.FizzySteam.NextClient:Disconnect () (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/NextClient.cs:148)
    6. Mirror.FizzySteam.NextClient:OnConnectionStatusChanged (Steamworks.SteamNetConnectionStatusChangedCallback_t) (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/NextClient.cs:138)
    7. Steamworks.Callback`1<Steamworks.SteamNetConnectionStatusChangedCallback_t>:OnRunCallback (intptr) (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/Dependencies/Runtime/CallbackDispatcher.cs:291)
    8. Steamworks.CallbackDispatcher:RunFrame (bool) (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/Dependencies/Runtime/CallbackDispatcher.cs:191)
    9. Steamworks.SteamAPI:RunCallbacks () (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/Dependencies/Runtime/Steam.cs:112)
    10. SteamManager:Update () (at Assets/Mirror/Runtime/Transport/FizzySteamworks/Scripts/Steamworks.NET/SteamManager.cs:169)
    Here is the return I get from my host console, it doesn't notify the failure anyhow.

GloacGames and ppartida like this.
  2. GloacGames

GloacGames

Change your "FizzySteamworks" package to 4.4.1 should help!

3. MisterZhou

MisterZhou

4.4.1 Doesn't seem to solve the problem.........

4. MisterZhou

MisterZhou

Hello,Have you solved this problem? I had the same problem.

5. aineko27

aineko27

I got same error and even I hard-reset my branch, it was still bugged.
    In my case, the problem was not with the Unity, but with my router.
    After I reboot my rooter, the problem solved.