Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Fixing UI for handling Animators with hundreds of Animations

Discussion in 'Animation' started by legolasman15, Nov 20, 2023.

1. legolasman15

legolasman15

I'm having a problem where whenever a single animator ends up referencing a lot of animations, the dropdown inside the animation panel ends up being far too large and clunky to navigate.
    The list doesn't "wrap" on your monitor, nor does it have a scroll bar or ANYTHING that would make scrolling through large animators any easier. Instead you have to manually click on the arrows and/or press a single letter to jump to the first animation that starts with said letter- Quick mock example of the problem below.

I've been looking around for people with similar problems, but most people just suggest to split your animator for editing. This sadly isn't possible for our usecase. I am not sure whether or not this has been fixed in the newest versions of Unity, but sadly I can't update versions. Something like a scroll bar or "wrapping" the panel would solve this problem-

I know that it is possible to edit OTHER stock unity UI elements (like the hierarchy or file editor) but I aint even sure if this can be done to the Animation panel. Anybody have any advice on how to head from here? Does a solution for this exist or do y'all have any pointers for how to edit existing unity ui elements?
    Cheers

upload_2023-11-20_1-49-19.png