Search Unity

Question FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup not updated in client world?

Discussion in 'NetCode for ECS' started by IgreygooI, Aug 24, 2021.

1. IgreygooI

IgreygooI

I have a client world setup with default ClientServerBootstrap. However, whatever the system that is added to FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup is not updating even with [AlwaysUpdateSystem]. Is it something related to Netcode?

2. CMarastoni

CMarastoni

Unity Technologies

How did you configure that system (which UpdateInGroup or UpdateInWorld you added?) Just wanted to be sure for some reason is not getting inserted in a wrong group.
    Is the FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup update running at all ? Meaning that, is the accumulated time enough to tick the systems inside it?
    We don't affect or prevent that system running at all, and it should work like it normally does.

3. IgreygooI

IgreygooI

It was using:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [UpdateInWorld(UpdateInWorld.TargetWorld.Client)]
    2. [UpdateInGroup(typeof(FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup))]
    3. [AlwaysUpdateSystem]
    Meanwhile, the reason that I said whatever the system in FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup is not working is that all systems in com.unity.physics@0.6(systems are updated in FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup) is not updated when I added the package. Maybe I might have configured something incorrectly, but when I revert it to com.unity.physics@0.4(systems are updated in SimulationSystemGroup), it works again.

In https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...elog/CHANGELOG.html#051-preview2---2020-10-14, they mentioned the systems are updated in FixedStepSimulationSystemGroup