Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved [FIXED] Unity 2021.2.0b2 does not open Bug Report window

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by henriqueranj, Jul 6, 2021.

1. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hello, I recently installed Unity 2021.2.0b2 and when trying to open the Bug Report window it keeps on loading. I have aborted after waiting at least 15 minutes.

This happens with a completely new and empty 2D Project Template.

I am running Unity 2021.2.0b2 in Windows 10 with a Pro license.

upload_2021-7-6_12-10-54.png

In attachment follows the Editor.log, where it does not show any errors or apparent issues.

Attached Files:

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @henriqueranj,

Could you please try and open the bug reporter directly? It has a standalone executable that you can find in the directory where Unity 2021.2.0b2 is installed.

You can also try to attach a debugger to the Editor before attempting to open the reporter and get a stacktrace to see what is going on.

If you're able to open the reporter on its own, we would appreciate a bug report for this issues.

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

getting mute crash fest here, how does one attach debugger to the editor in rider?

4. Baste

Baste

5. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

An update on this issue: very likely to be caused by AVG Business.

upload_2021-7-12_10-49-18.png

Today I installed Unity 2021.2.0b3 and upon a new build it triggered AVG's malware scan on the executables related to the WebGL build process. After a few scans the build went successful. The same happened when I tried to open the Unity Bug Reporter.

I am not sure what triggered AVG to only show the malware scan only today. It may be possible that a recent AVG update "fixed" this behavior.

P.s.: I did not have this issue with Unity 2021.1.X and 2020.X.

LeonhardP likes this.