Search Unity

(FIXED)timeline get stuck before reaching end

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by strongbox3d, Nov 28, 2017.

1. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello guys,

I am having this problem with timeline getting stuck in the middle of the cut scene. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I am using cinemachine dollytrack and I have 3 waypoints on it, the timeline get stuck between two and three waitpoints when I play test the scene.

Cinemachine version 2.1.09 which I believe is the last one.
    Unity version 2017.2.0p1 which is the latest for Xbox One (working for Xbox 1)

Regards,
    Carlos

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

What do you mean by "timeline gets stuck"?

3. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello Gregoryl, THIS IS THE SOLUTION

I mean the play head of the timeline gets stuck in the middle of the timeline. But I figured out the problem. When there is a character animated in the timeline, if the culling mode of the animator is set to: cull completely, the timeline play head stops as soon as the character is out of view. So if anyone encounters this problem, the solution is to set the animator culling mode to other than cull completely.

Regards,
    Carlos

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    LazyEti, luvjungle, visca_c and 6 others like this.
  4. quanjunchen

quanjunchen

Love u man. Finally i find the solution after several weeks searching

5. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hey, no problem that is what this forum is for, to help each other! Glad that someone benefited from my finding.

Regards,
    Carlos

quanjunchen likes this.
  6. AlexStrook

AlexStrook

Thank you so much, I was stuck for days on this !

7. oriolmanya

oriolmanya

Me too. I was about to send a Bug Report... I guess someone should do it. 2020 and still not fixed, not me today. I've sent several lately and I'm lazy. Feel sorry for the next guy who will fall here next year after hitting his head on a wall.

Thanks @strongbox3d!

8. b4gn0

b4gn0

Here we are nearly 4 years later, timeline gets stuck with no warning or error because of an animator set to "cull completely", lost 3 hours.

9. crdmrn

crdmrn

This is outright ridiculous. Anyone from the Timeline team that can have a look at this?
    Just having a console prompt and this behavior documented somewhere would already be a huge improvement.

10. fweibel

fweibel

I had the same issue, with Unity 2019.4 LTS. This looks like a bug and should be addressed to prevent others from losing more time trying to fix that.

11. JacobDzwinel

JacobDzwinel

FYI, this is still present in 2020.3.25f1. Animator culling mode set to Cull Completely block timeline whenever animated character is out of camera view. This is not FIXED as title of this post suggests, mentioned workaround isn't a great solution in my case.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  12. cmacdougall_ssv

cmacdougall_ssv

Just burned a day hunting down a bug that turned out to be this. 2020.3.37f1

Workaround is fine. Don't see anything about it in the issue tracker, so I guess I'll take some time to prepare a minimal test case & proper bug report

13. cmacdougall_ssv

cmacdougall_ssv