Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[Fixed in b4] Animated TreeView in the Project Browser continually throws errors

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by movra, Oct 15, 2015.

1. movra

movra

Has anyone seen these errors related to the new animated treeview in the Project Tab?

Once that error is triggered it keeps throwing them until closing the editor.

I haven't found a way to reproduce it yet and the issue tracker doesn't contain a section for 5.3.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Yeah, I got that too. Didn't figure out what starts it as well.

Also I believe it's a beta 2 thing, I never got this in beta 1.

3. movra

movra

That's correct, animated treeviews were added in beta 2. From the release notes:
    • Editor: Expanding/collapsing TreeViews are now animated in the Editor

4. movra

movra

I've managed to reproduce it in beta 3 and submitted a bug report: 737505.

There are several ways to trigger the errors, but the one I can most easily reproduce is:
    • there must be enough folders in the TreeView to show the vertical scrollbar (note that in Two Column Layout, the right pane contains a ListView, not a TreeView, and the ListView is not animated and therefore does not exhibit the issue)
    • select the one of the folders in the left pane and press the Down key repeatedly. Eventually the errors start.
    upload_2015-10-19_16-38-31.png

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  5. movra

movra

This bug will be fixed in b4. :)

unityunity