Search Unity

(FIXED) Help with TTT splat map

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by -Bol3D-, Jul 1, 2010.

1. -Bol3D-

-Bol3D-

Hey guys!

Im having a bit of trouble producing the right image file type in Photoshop for Toms Terrain Tools splat map.

I know that it needs to be a RGBA24 or RGBA32 map with an alpha map, each channel represents one of the four textures for the splat map.

However, nothing I do can make it work. I have configured the import settings so that is is RGBA32 and I have the for textures inthe terrain, but no joy.

I can succesffully use the terrain generated lightmap image, but I cannot edit that or export it into Photoshop.

Any advice on this would be absolutely fantastic and really appreciated!

Kind regards

Chris

2. -Bol3D-

-Bol3D-

I do get one error -

Code (csharp):
    1. TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    2. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
    3. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000]
    4. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName)
    5. UnityEditor.HostView.OnGUI ()    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
    6. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000]
    7. UnityEditor.ScriptableWizard.OnGUI ()
    8. UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels (Int32 miplevel)
    9. UnityEngine.Texture2D.GetPixels ()
    10. ApplySplatMap.OnWizardCreate ()   (at Assets\Editor\ApplySplatMap.cs:40)
    11. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
    Not sure if that meanss anything to anyone??

3. -Bol3D-

-Bol3D-

Tom fixed it XD

Apparently, I had not set my splat map in the import settings to 'I readable'. When I checked that, it works a dream!

Thanks Tom!

Chris