Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Fixed] Collab deleting all "ignored" files and folders on restore

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by FairGamesProductions, Apr 8, 2018.

1. FairGamesProductions

FairGamesProductions

So I am trying to use Collab to sync a project I have on 2 computers using the same user (home computer and work computer). The thing is that I only need to constantly sync a relatively small number of files so I added the entire Assets folder to the ignore list aside from some speciffic folders (since the entire project folder is around 10GB I thought it was a good idea). But when I do a Restore on my home computer all the files and folders that should be ignored get deleted and I am left with only the files that are un-ignored.
    My colleague however does not have this issue. He is able to correctly pull the project to his work station after I make changes without any deleted files or folders.
    Is there any way to fix this issue?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @FairGamesProductions! I'm sorry that you ran into this issue. Our Restore feature had a bug that we fixed for 2018.1+ where it would delete files marked as ignored in the .collabignore file rather than, well, ignoring them. Instead, it was clearing the Assets folder and redownloading the most recent server copy, causing the ignored files to be erased. :( This does not affect ignored files when pulling Updates, though. That would explain why your colleague was not experiencing the issue.

3. FairGamesProductions

FairGamesProductions

Well POOP.
    Thanks for the info.
    Are you guys 100% sure that the issue is now fixed in 2018.1+?

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Yes, we've fixed this issue for 2018.1+.