Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug fix the receive ssr transparent as it does not let you have overlapping glass objects HDRP

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by treehugger40, Oct 11, 2023.

1. treehugger40

treehugger40

fix the hdrp receive ssr transparent as it does not let you have overlapping glass objects i want to have a glass sphere insoide another glass object but i cannot have the bes tof both worlds even with the sorting priorities set right

2. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

SSR on transparent will force depth prepass, so the transparent object in front will hide the one in the back.
    You can affect an other material to the one in the back without SSR and set the render queue to be "before refraction", so it will be rendered before the one in front. But you can not have overlapping transparent with SSR.

3. treehugger40

treehugger40

again fix the limitations its 2023 not 2001 xbox hardware

4. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

5. treehugger40

treehugger40

now this is getting me somewhere thanks Remy i would consider training chat gpt to start unlocking god real time caustics and faster real time path tracer for our god games and make SSR more flexible and emission easier to express as the gods aka fallen angels and the non fallen ones on team Jesus Christ always glow light of immortality and developer george guy solves nothing but you are so respectful and kind