Search Unity

[Fix Out] Checking for changes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by FeastSC2, Jul 26, 2017.

1. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

is preview-12 only available for 2019.1?

2. FS9606

FS9606

we need an option to not check for changes. If you lose your internet connection and re establish it, it will auto check. Which adds significant time to the overall process.

3. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

preview.12 is supported on all Unity versions after 2018.3.0f1. However, it is a preview build and we're still working on getting some more critical bug fixes in by some time this week. It also introduces a slightly different workflow that, if not followed carefully, can potentially lead to some changes not being synced. Now, instead of changes being detected regularly, checks for changes only happen when the Rescan button in the Collab Toolbar is pressed and after certain Collab operations. We'll go into more detail in our upcoming Release Notes update when we launch the next preview package. But for now, feel free to give preview.12 a try and see if you notice an improvement in your workflow and let us know if you come across any issues that aren't already documented in our Release Notes for v2.0.

You can give this option a try in preview.12 of the v2.0.0 collab-proxy package.

4. pcg

pcg

Fired up unity this morning and got a mono.exe error. Collab window was blank when I opened it.
    Restarted unity and it now seems to be working.
    Using 2019.1.1f1 with collab 2.0.0 preview-12

A nice addition would be some kind of visual indication as to the progress made on the background process such as a % complete.

Also a last successful scan date & time because I'm seeing a green up to date tick when I know it should be a blue arrow.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  5. pcg

pcg

I'm currently seeing the following message when I come back to unity after I put my PC in sleep mode and resume. I've tried leaving it for a few minutes but it doesnt update and frustration gets the better of me so I restart unity.
    Using 2019.1.1f1 with collab 2.0.0 preview-12

Capture2.PNG

6. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @pcg. This is a known issue with v2.0 that requires a new editor version to resolve. A fix for 2019.1 is in the merge queue and should either be in 2019.1.2 or .3. In the meantime, restarting the Editor will remove this dialog.

pcg likes this.
  7. SamRock

SamRock

I work solo, using 2019.2.
    I still see this dialog running for 10 to 15 mins everytime I start my Unity project! How do I disable it? This is becoming a nuisance each day

8. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

You can remove collaborate in the Package Manager.

SamRock likes this.
  9. SamRock

SamRock

You my friend are a saviour! :)

Marc-Saubion likes this.