Search Unity

Fix for Unity 2020 WebGL build stuck at 90%

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BenBonkGames, Aug 10, 2020.

1. BenBonkGames

BenBonkGames

Hey, just wanted to make this quick forum post if people are stuck with their WebGL builds getting stuck at 90% in Unity 2020. To fix it I went to Edit - Project Settings - Player - Publishing Settings, and change compression format from Brotli, to disabled. This worked for me so I hope I can help other people with this same issue.

2. Patoto64

Patoto64

You really helped me a lot, thank you.

3. nastydave

nastydave

Worked for me too, thanks!

4. Restless_pilgrim

Restless_pilgrim

Doesn't help in fact. Well yes, it can load from my local host this way (when I pick the Build and run option) but when I upload the build to web, it's always stuck on 90% and that's all.

(And I've tried many tips found online but no one hepled. Now I'm kinda confused... )

risujas and idrisdavies like this.
  5. analuciaroeder

analuciaroeder

Hey! did you find a solution, I'm having the exact same problem, running on local host but not on website. thanks!

6. unity_JwTApRF9H3U-DQ

unity_JwTApRF9H3U-DQ

I am also facing the same problem.. Working in localhost but not in itch

7. Ganiester

Ganiester

Same problem here :/ Think I've tried all possible combination of build setting (player setting).

8. phila666

phila666

I had the same 90% problem when trying to run a minimal WebGL scene (cube, light, camera) from Unity 2021.3.11, which ran fine on my local host but not from a remote machine. None of the above fixes helped, and it was likely server configuration. I found that placing the attached file in the <Application>/Build folder fixed the problem for me. (remove .txt extension, added for uploading) This modifies the server (in my case IIS) configuration with a few needed mime types.

Hope this helps someone still having this problem. I'm not sure exactly where I found this config file online but it was very helpful so thanks to whomever!

Attached Files: