Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Party Fishnet and Fishy Unity Transport using Unity Relay example

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Duncro, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Duncro

Duncro

Tried changing over from Tugboat to Fishy Unity Transport (FUT) using Unity Relay but can't get it to work and there is no working tutorial for FUT. Using the code suggested on github, but I don't think the server is actually connected. Any client other than the one launched on the server application doesn't behave as expected, as if there is no actual server running, and the server doesn't seem to recognise additional connections either. Though when I close the server, a couple of seconds later the clients will disconnect as well.

Please can we get a simple simple simple working example of Fishy Unity Transport working with Unity Relay? Even with just a simple moving block for each client.

Welfarecheck likes this.
  2. Punfish

Punfish

I'm sure we can do that. I think we spoke earlier about you moving for console support? Tugboat does support consoles now. If that is why consider using Tugboat.

But, I'm sure we can get an example project inside the FUT GitHub. We have some important integrations to handle at this time but right after I'll take a look.

3. Duncro

Duncro

That would be much appreciated! Though I'm not the same person you spoke to (maybe some day I'll be porting to consoles but not now :D)

Welfarecheck likes this.
  4. Punfish

Punfish

That's funny then, because this was brought up to me very recently by another. I spoke with our helpers and I believe we will be able to get an example out rather soon.