Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Showcase Fish-Networking: Unity Networking Evolved! (FREE!)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Punfish, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Olek820

Olek820

I have problem "Unloading broken Assembly" please help

2. Punfish

Punfish

If this happens regularly please post a screenshot, the full stack trace (what's shown in console), FishNet version, Unity version, and how to replicate.

3. Punfish

Punfish

Prediction v2 is about to hit another milestone!

FishNet remains the only free networking solution with physics prediction used in commercial games, and we have an upcoming treat for you!

4. Punfish

Punfish

Fish-Networking v4.0.7 released!
    Pro and free versions of 4.0.7 are now available!

This version brings a big update to prediction v2! Prediction v2 is still considered experimental but we've resolved all known issues and even added some improvements. Some important things to note is that the replicate states have been renamed one final time for clarity; the changelog explains in more detail. Compression also has been disabled only for prediction v2 for testing. Compression will be re-enabled soon.

We've added a few requested features and exposed some internals for asset developers. As well of course, squashed a few non-beneficial bugs along the way.

See changelog here: https://github.com/FirstGearGames/FishNet/releases/tag/4.0.7

The next stable version of 3 will be coming out today or tomorrow. The demo scenes are getting a few minor improvements prior to the release.

HighKeys and WinterboltGames like this.
  5. Punfish

Punfish

Fish-Networking v3.11.14R released!

This is another FREE LTS release of FishNet v3.
    We're happy to say as of recent we are the only free networking solution to offer long term support!

WinterboltGames likes this.
  6. Punfish

Punfish

We are excited to announce that the era of FishNet V3 is soon coming to an end with an upcoming release of V4 stable.

Version 4 has been widely tested over the past many months and already offers many improvements over V3, with plenty more to come.

Our latest V3 will remain on the asset store for a 2-3 weeks after V4 hits stable to give developers a chance to upgrade at their own pace via our git https://github.com/FirstGearGames/FishNet/.

Though we try to keep changes minimal, if you do have any problems adapting check out our 'break-solutions' page https://fish-networking.gitbook.io/docs/manual/general/changelog/break-solutions and of course you're very welcome to jump in our Discord https://discord.gg/Ta9HgDh4Hj for help.

Please note to anyone new to our Discord: we are a SFW, drama free community. Please check out the rules upon joining. Thank you!

7. Punfish

Punfish

Last week we launched FishNet v4.1.0 STABLE! This release indicates v4 is out of beta, as well that all of our official projects, transports, and addons will be updating to v4 soon.

ATMLVE and Gasimo like this.
  8. Punfish

Punfish

Version 4 is now the official version on the asset store!

Version 3 will no longer be receiving updates.

9. Punfish

Punfish

Version 4.2.0 released!

Prediction 2 is now the default prediction system. This means we consider the majority of the features implemented and have all known serious issues resolved; there are a few minor bugs and features we are working on.

If you wish to continue using Prediction 1 it can be set in the Fish-Networking menu. We do not recommend nor support Prediction 1 anymore.

With Prediction 2 now being the default, and more importantly out of experimental, bugs are will no longer be allowed to roam free. Bug reports for prediction will now take a priority.

10. Syn0_

Syn0_

Hello Punifish,
    Do you planned to upgrade FPS Land with 4.X version soon ? I would like to learn 4.X version with it but maybe I can try myself as well. I don't have a lot of knowledge about fishnet, but dispite of all change logs, this can be easy as you told with "breaking solutions" ?

11. Punfish

Punfish

The API changes for FPSLand are not drastic but do require more work than in the past.
    The main reason FPSLand did not make the V4 update is because it's been needing a rework for awhile, and with how desperately it needed the rework I didn't want to just do another API only update.

There were plans to start working on it as of a few days ago. I did start but have not made it as far as I hoped in the given time. I will make FPSLand V4 available to anyone which was a supporter when V4 hit stable, even if someone is not a supporter upon release.

I'm going to at the very least provide weekly updates on my Discord in the #updates channel to keep everyone up to speed, and keep the tasks in focus.

Syn0_ likes this.
  12. Syn0_

Syn0_

I totally understand. I will stay tuned and try to upgrade my FPS Land project with v4 on my own, I should learn a lot of stuff with this initiative.
    Good luck with the finalization, your work is amazing !

13. xtdiwd

xtdiwd

Assets\FishNet\Demos\Prediction V1\Transform\Scripts\TransformPrediction.cs(179,20): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AllowServerControl' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Unity 2022.3.26f1
    Fishnet 4.2.2

14. Punfish

Punfish

The prediction 1 demos were removed in 4.2.2. If you imported via git this could be why you did not get the automatic removal of them.

Simply delete your FishNet folder and reimport FishNet.

15. xtdiwd

xtdiwd

Thank you, it works. I used the Package Manager.
    Although I expected the old package to be replaced and not just added the new one.
    I hope Unity reads this discussion.

Punfish likes this.
  16. Punfish

Punfish

Version 4.3.4 released providing a new look to our NetworkHud as well a few bug fixes and improvements.

For the time being significant features and non-vital bug fixes are on hold while time is put into implementing a key component to making Fish-Networking a stronger library.

More details will be available once a proof of concept is created.