Search Unity

Fish Flock - Flocking Simulation [CPU/GPU]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by elvismd, May 14, 2018.

1. elvismd

elvismd

Fish Flock is a plugin that simulates a shoal of fishes with flocking behaviours. It does that on the CPU using 1 parallel thread to calculate the behaviours, and also there is an option to use on the GPU which uses Compute Shaders and supports much more fishes than the CPU version.

This plugin comes with one fish model and a custom shader that distorts the vertexes of the model to simulate a "swim" effect on the fish, it also comes with couple of demos demonstrating what it does. The CPU and GPU simulations are different components, one reason it's because it behaves differently and the GPU version does not support everything that the CPU version has, and the other reason it's for better organization, in the next future updates it may be the same component but for now, since the GPU version is a recent addition, it will remain separated. The difference between both versions is that the amount of computation the CPU version requires to have around 170 fishes, the GPU version does the same with 2000 or 3000 fishes.

Asset Store
    My Website

2. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Hey elvismd, i just bought this asset and i would like to know if it is still supported/developed, thanks.