Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

First Unity Android App - Sniper Shooter - Zombie Vision

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by EmergingMobile, Sep 14, 2013.

1. EmergingMobile

EmergingMobile

Hello everyone. I would like to showcase my first Unity Android App, which is FREE by the way, Sniper Shooter - Zombie Vision.

$low_screen1.png $low_screen2.png

The idea is to stop zombies from entering survivor areas by sniping them off. You can use earned points to unlock guns and more areas to play. It also utilizes TapJoy to help earn points quicker.

Some of the Assets from the Asset Store that I used:

NGUI
    EasyTouch
    Modern Ruins
    FX Mega Pack
    HUD Text for NGUI
    MobileSkySystem
    SniperComponent
    ZombiePack

Thanks for looking!

Check it out on Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emergingmobile.snipersv

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  2. gv

gv

From the screenshots you seem to have made really good use of those assets.. well done... and it goes to show how great the asset store is.... :)

3. Autonoma

Autonoma

Will download when I get home, but did you do any custom art for the game? Unity should start showcasing some of these games that make extensive use of the Asset Store, it's an incredible feature for Unity to have.

4. EmergingMobile

EmergingMobile

Thank you guys. You are right, it is quite amazing how quickly one can put together a game using the Asset Store. Most of the map was the scene developed in the Modern Ruins package. But because it was not mobile friendly by any means, I had a lot of optimizing to do. Even after turning off shadows, I was getting over 1200 draw calls. I did actually redo many of the meshes from scratch as it was easier to do than trying to optimize them, and I added in models from my own design or from other asset packages to complete the scene. After enough optimizing I was able to get the draw calls down to the low 70s. The terrain that was included was bringing about 50 draw calls. Because I really liked it, I decided show it only when the user sets the quality level to high.

As a one person team, the Asset Store is a godsend. Countless hours and money saved.

5. Zynigma

Zynigma

Looks nice, I will be downloading in a second.

Yes, the asset store does wonders for us solo devs.
    I just published my first app too, and I used the asset store to make most of it.....
    ....love you guys.....