Search Unity

First time Unity user.... need help on how to use this app to make games.. Please help

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by gurdip123, Feb 6, 2015.

1. gurdip123

gurdip123

i have just started using unity 4.6 and im kinda struggking on how to make my first game.,. in 2d.. i would like if someone is able to assist me throughly. Thanks

2. SteveJ

SteveJ

3. gurdip123

gurdip123

i understand .. but i need to know how to make a 2d game . it only explains 3d..

4. SteveJ

SteveJ

5. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

To be able to give you meaningful help we need to know more specifics than "I need help". What do you need help with? What specifically are you trying to do? What have you attempted so far? Why didn't it work? What resources have you already looked at?

Have you started by doing the official tutes?

6. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Make Roll-A-Ball. Then do the 2D tuts. Then the scripting ones. Then come back and ask if you need specific help.

7. gurdip123

gurdip123

hey im making a game and i basically want an object to be animated by keyboard which is left and right on my keyboard command..how can i get that done. any help is apreciated. Thanks

8. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

The problem is that when (if) someone explains to you in detail how to do exactly that, you'll come up with the next set of questions, so on and so forth, until we've written the game for you.
    Why don't you just listen to what people are saying, and go and watch the tutorials from the learn section. They are very good and can teach you a lot. When you're done with the tutorials, make the sample projects from that learn page. They cover all the basic stuff you want to know and more. If you follow closely, you'll be able to make your own game without asking any questions.

OboShape and Kiwasi like this.
  9. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Wait, we already did that. Because so many people need help writing a game we bundled all of the questions up into some convenient videos. Called the learn section.