Search Unity

First Time Build Issues

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by RudisYuval, Jun 17, 2019.

1. RudisYuval

RudisYuval

Hi everyone!
    I've been working on my first android app in unity (AR architectural presentation) and run to problems when building.
    After build the game mode is missing some of the buttons, both in unity game mode and on device, the buttons are all still there in editor mode but for some reason not in the build.
    It is extra bizarre considering not all buttons are missing but just a few and those who aren't are functioning well.
    I figured it must be something about the build settings.
    Have anyone had the same problem? Any fixes?
    Please help, I've been looking everywhere...

P.s
    I am using Unity 2019.1.5

2. Green11001

Green11001

did you try rebuilding, and can you show images?

3. RudisYuval

RudisYuval

Hi,
    I've tried rebuilding several times, including changing the platform and rebuilding to other platforms..

The added pictures show the existing buttons in editor mode and then where they are missing in play mode, as I said before some of the buttons are available in play mode and work fine (on click command, animations etc)

Before the build all buttons where visible and functioning.

Attached Files:

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Do you have code that shows/hides the buttons? Please share if so.

5. RudisYuval

RudisYuval

Actually no, on load there are 3 ui buttons these are working) that open up dropdown menus by an on click play(string) animation that changes color and intractability to the buttons- some of these buttons are missing.
    The buttons are under a game object in order to sync their animation together

6. RudisYuval

RudisYuval

It is only my second unity project ever, and I don't really write c# yet so I use ready built features like animations..

7. RudisYuval

RudisYuval

basiclly the button/animation order is as such-

UI button with an animator that controls its color change

- drop down menu activated by the UI button to play an animation (the drop down)

- buttons in drop down menu activating an action in game and changing colors (in button animator)

does it make a difference?